How can others see the Proof comment attachments?

Options
Mtmoroni
Mtmoroni ✭✭✭✭✭

So in proofing, as the owner of a sheet, I added a document on a row to proof. then added comments and annotations to the proof for others to work on. I also had the ability to add an attachment to said proof comment. However, no one else could see this attachment - why?

Case: I knew a document had to be refreshed by our marketing team. I added the document to a sheet and marked it up. Some graphics had to be replaced, which i had the replacement. So I made an annotation on the image that needed to be replaced, made a comment that said "replace with attached image" and added the attachment. However - Marketing can not see the attachment - why? What good does the

attachment service do if you can not have others see/download it?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Mtmoroni

Currently attachments in Comments on a Proof can only be viewed if the users are accessing the Proof from within the sheet, versus from the external Proofing tab. This means that if your reviewers are shared to the sheet, they'll be able to see your attachments by going to the row and clicking on the Proof from there.

However, if your reviewers are accessing the Proof from the email invitation and they are not shared to the sheet, they'll only be able to see the Comment (as you've found). In this instance, you could provide a link in your comment to direct users to an external source that's housing the attachment (such as a Google Drive, perhaps?) Please let our Product Team know about your feedback and request by filling in this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• EmilyVerdugo
    Options

Hi - Curious if there has been any fix for this issue?

Currently experiencing this issue. Users who are listed as "Editors" and are "approvers" of a proof CANNOT see the attachments added. However, others whom we've added into the chat as "commenters" CAN see the attachments. This is a major challenge for us.