Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Remove "automation@app.smartsheet.com" from sender email address

Options

The OIT Security department at my university received a report that an email from automation@app.smartsheet.com may be phishing. We send a number of Update Requests through Smartsheet that require action from the receiving party. If the email is perceived as phishing by the recipient (or flagged as Spam by the email client), this is a real problem. I would be great if there could be a way to remove "automation@app.smartsheet.com" from sender email address.

26 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea! We're exploring options to address this and it's something we're thinking about. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here. Please keep adding your votes and comments to explain your use-case if this idea is of interest to you.

Comments

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This has been raised several times before.

What would be ideal would also be to have the option to set what the email address should be.

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Linda Linton
    Linda Linton ✭✭✭✭
    Options

JUSTIFICATION for this capability:

(1) Our Users may flag Smartsheet emails as Phishing/Spam.

(2) Our corporate security systems have to handle these emails as external.

(3) (THE WORST) - Our Users IGNORE emails from automation@app.Smartsheet.com when we really need them to act on them.

• Jbronson
    Options

Our institution is requiring all licensed users to only create automations that do not include links to sheets/reports/etc. This is in an attempt to reduce the possibility of phishing with emails designed to have the user click a fraudulent link.

Our company is constantly at risk of phishing attempts from many outside sources, so being able to control the sender's address is the only way we can take advantage of these great features and remain secure.

• Koleen Steiner
    Options

I agree and had our security check for Smartsheet emails, as all my community messages get caught in our Mimecast filters. Definitely leverage the other choices:

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.

• Samantha Baruah
    Options

It would actually be great if we could specify who is sending the automated notification as sometimes we'd like it to come from a DL.

• PaulHeise
    Options

Is there an update from Product Dev on this feature request? It seems the current solution causes heartburn for phishing filters, on my end recipients are confused because they may not be aware of or use Smartsheet so when they receive an email via automation routinely disregard as Junk mail.