Private Comments

Private Comments

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make a Private Comment in Smartsheet?  Let's say I have a Published Report that is viewable to anyone with the link; however, I want to make a comment on a line that I don't want anyone to be able to view outside of the original document.  How can I do this?

Comments

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as you share the report via a published link, you can hide the comments column from the primary report and the published version won't show the comments feature. 

See my screenshot below:

2019-11-07_14-44-13 (1).gif

• Mike WildayMike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭

Right-click the screen shot and select open in a new tab to view it larger. Do note that users will be unable to contribute on a published - read only report.

• edited 11/08/19

I understand and am aware of this method and have already employed it.  However What I am wondering is if there is a way to make strictly private comments without removing the comment column? 

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

Best,

Andrée Starå

• @Mike Wilday & @Andrée Starå - with a published report, I have comments and attachments hidden, but if exported, the comments still export. Any work around for that?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@S_Karkhoff

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Best,

Andrée Starå