I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ezra
    Ezra ✭✭✭

one that I just sent as a request...

Due to the volume of projects and sheets and reports, I thought I'd try to count how many sheet links were broken/missing but it was a crazy attempt - just too many.

It would be nice to have a clean-up option for "unknown sheet" links. Perhaps in the file properties dialog?

PurgeUnknown01.png

PurgeUnknown02.png

• Love this idea Megan. We're considering it.

• Thank you for the additional context Ella. I was thinking about this in the context of automated workflows, but I think this is probably best solved in other ways. I'll make sure this feedback is seen by the right team.

• Ezra
    Ezra ✭✭✭

A summary from reports is what the Pivot add-on does/can do/is supposed to do... it's clunky and a bit limited, but shows promise for improvement.

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

Ability @mention in a Dynamic View.  That way I can interactively collaborate with people that don't have access to the entire sheet, but have access to the rows (would be great to be cards) in the Dynamic View

Maybe restrict @mention use to those that are given permission to the Dynamic View?  I can't share the whole sheet with these folks, but if I could get them to interact with the data that they are allowed to see it would break down some barriers to collaboration.

Better yet, be able to give row level security on a sheetDREAM: by default it's turned off, but can be enabled and access on per-row level (or a set of rows selected by a filter) can be granted to an individual or a group to use ALL features of a sheet and not restricted by the limitations of Dynamic View.  Not to say that Dynamic View isn't deserving of some merit as I can see the use for both.

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yaaaaas!!! This would be so helpful. For me it's when something's been marked as Invoiced as I archive by invoice date!

• Kirstine
    Kirstine ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think one of my favourites (although there aren't any I DON'T love) is the Product Enhancement Visibility and Upvote one.

We're all busy people and personally, when I see that people have already voiced their desire for an enhancement, I certainly don't really want to spend time I don't have creating a duplicate enhancement request... especially because at that point I usually have to set my mind to creating a workaround!

I would like the ability to turn a discussion/comment directly into an enhancement request, ideally with the click of a button. I'd also like it to appear in the comments that the enhancement request has been created, and then have another button, again, in the comments of the original discussion, for the upvote. 

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

Hi Scott, thank you!

As far as the Copy Row automated workflow, is this new feature coming prior to year end or sometime next year? 

Thanks 

• Thanks for this thread, it's so helpful to hear about painpoints and use cases.

There are a few I am particularly interested in and would like to give you updates or ask further questions outside of Community, if you could please send me an email directly - kara.lumley@smartsheet.com. 

1. Product Enhancement Visibility and Upvote

2. Card View in Reports 

3. Ability to freeze rows/merge cells

4. History of sent PDF's of reports.

5. @Paul - let me know what you are thinking about "@character"

6. Copying/pasting or duplicating columns - @Ella, would love to communicate about this as soon possible 

7. Anything Date/Time related

8. Field next to that status that auto populates the date that the Resolved status was selected. 

9. Update/send row column "sets" 

10. Keep hidden columns hidden on edit row/print

11. Checklists

12. @Signature_Rachel - auto-size rows -would love to communicate about this as soon possible 

Summary reports - we do have the option for reports that can be built from the summary fields: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/smartsheet-intermediate/sheet-summary-reports

Or, are you wanting to see the actual summary field section in a report?

Resource allocation - https://www.smartsheet.com/platform/10000ft

Fill out the form if you'd like a demo or to speak with someone about these capabilities

And - what I love about feedback our Smartsheet customers is that they are always teaching me something new :)

@Paul - shift+click to resize multiple columns is a new one to me even after all these years. MANY THANKS!!!

Here is one for you - to quickly copy a formula down (or up) a column on a large sheet:

Select the cell with the formula you want to copy, then select ctrl+shift+down arrow keys (or up arrow) to select all cells beneath (or above), then select ctrl+d to copy the formula. (This is for Windows - I am not 100% positive of the corresponding keys to use on a Mac).

Thank you everyone and thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, Scott W!

Kara

• @CollabMeganPMP
    @CollabMeganPMP ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Kara!! I just sent you a note to the email address you listed in your reply.  Look forward to speaking with you.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kara,

I have been trying to pull together some more coherent notes on the @character idea. I will definitely reach out once I am able to put something together that makes sense.

As far as Shift+Click to select multiple columns for resizing all at once... Ctrl+Click also works so that you can match column size even if they aren't next to each other.

I haven't used the Ctrl+Shift+Arrow much just because of how far it jumps. It makes me nervous, and I end up backing up just to make sure. Haha.

But in addition to that, Shift+PageUp or PageDown also work if you don't need to jump all the way to the bottom or top of a sheet.

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/14/19

Hi Kara,

Thank You for considering our suggestions! I will send you an e-mail about copying/duplicating columns very soon. 

I do have another improvement I would like to see happen - in Alerts when selecting the columns to be included in the Alert body under Column Visibility Advanced Option, would you consider adding an option to Select All columns? I believe if we don't click on Display only these columns, everything gets sent in the alert, please let me know if this is correct.

However for example if we need to exclude 2 columns only, we need to manually click to select every column besides these 2 whereas with Select All option, we can just deselect these 2 columns. 

Thanks

PS. I submitted an enhancement request for this. :-) 

• Ella
    Ella ✭✭✭✭

This is a great idea!