[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Options

Comments

• Carolyn_Jadan
    Options

Hi, I am a self-trained Smartsheet Guru- have used it for quite a few years, and have done a lot of work with it in both my past job, and now in my current one. would love to learn more

• Megan.Casto
    Megan.Casto ✭✭✭
    Options

My favorite class(es) are the ongoing Taekwondo classes I take with my kids. It's a nonstop learning process and incredibly humbling. But if we're talking academics, I'd have to say my most memorable is my junior year honors History course. It was so hands on, which is hard for history, and we were very involved in learning the history from actual people who lived it - we had to conduct interviews of folks alive during WWII era and then created a book - our history book. I still have it somewhere!

• alindstrom
    Options

The best course in the MHA program was Business Law related to the Healthcare System and Litigation. I found the topics to be relevant and meaningful as a patient and as a provider.

• Julia M
    Options

One of my favourite courses was an advanced digital photography class I took during my undergraduate studies. Its blend of technical mastery and creative exploration set this course apart. The instructor emphasized not just the mechanics of cameras and photography software, but also the art of seeing the world through a lens. We delved into the history of photography, studied the work of pioneering photographers, and learned how to critique photographs with a keen eye for composition, lighting, and storytelling.

The course was structured to encourage constant experimentation. Each assignment pushed us out of our comfort zones, capturing the bustling energy of city life, the serene beauty of landscapes, or the intimate moments of portrait photography. The highlight for me was a project that required us to tell a story through a series of images. This project taught me the power of visual storytelling and how to evoke emotions and narrate a story without words.

What made the course truly great was the feedback sessions. These were not just opportunities for critique but also peer learning and collaboration. We would share our thought processes, discuss challenges, and collectively explore ways to enhance our work. This collaborative environment fostered a sense of community and mutual growth.

• KMeyer
    KMeyer ✭✭✭
    Options

I enjoy learning, so I have participated in many online and in-person courses and workshops. To be honest, there isn't one that stands out as my favorite. As long as I come away with new information, a new way of thinking, or the ability to accomplish something related to my needs, I consider it a success. However, courses only succeed when the connection to my real-life scenario (working in the finance industry) or need is apparent. For instance, I have attended several courses on an exciting topic, but the teachers only provided examples or related concepts to a manufacturing company, so it's challenging to translate that to the finance/servicing industry in which I work. What I like to experience is when the teacher can teach the concepts in a way that provokes me to imagine how to translate a topic into my world. I also prefer courses that are geared towards similar industries, like service industries that include finance, insurance, banking, wealth management, etc..

• Aditya Pawar
    Options

My favourite class was marketing class I have taken during the MBA 1st year. It opened my eyes to what marketing was and the huge scope it has. Every lecture was an eye opener into a new perspective. The professor was a master in his art.

• TomJr
    TomJr ✭✭
    Options

My favorite training experience, and one that remains most memorable, was when I attended multiple sessions with PM Master Prep led by Scott Payne, the Owner. What set it apart was its relatability, as Scott and his team made learning enjoyable by presenting complex topics in an engaging manner. Their explanations were clear, and they always made time for questions and discussions, which enhanced the overall learning experience. Oh and I passed my PMP on the first try going through his program! SO while this is to get some smartsheet training - I HIGHLY Recommend Scott's program to anyone looking to get there PMP Certification!

• Nicole Martin
    Nicole Martin ✭✭
    edited 04/10/24
    Options

I am Nicole Van Lingen, working for a company called Packtronic. I am our system coordinator and work daily on Smartsheet. I enjoyed the the core Path course and many another. My favourite subjects in school was, arts, math and history. It challenged my way of thinking. I love to problem solve.

• Hans1958
    Options

Hi there,

Though I am a German, born 1958, and had never English in school at this time, I worked in the last 10 years as a project manager for a large US American company in the automotive industry, where I was eager to learn about project management concerning English language and also get certified.

For that matter I picked CAPM (Certrified Associate in Project Management) from PMI (Project Management Institute). I studied in 2020 (when I was already 62) every day for half a year (didn't participate at a course) but did then just the exam. I sat for this exam in Jena, Germany, and passed it with flying flags. As you may believe, I felt thrilled and happy!

Maybe I should still mention the textbook where I prepared myself for this exam. It was "CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-In-One Exam Guide" from author Joseph Phillips, based on PMBOK 6th issue. Thanks to Joseph!

• Tracey A Siepser
    Options

I've taken many learning courses over the years and been a Smartsheet SME for almost ten years now. I actually find the techniques I utilize the most when training new Smartsheet users comes from my orchestra and instrumental background. There's clear differences in how musicians learn depending on the environment.

Private one-on-one lessons is always the most valuable. These individual sessions are a "train-the-trainer" style where an expert helps the student to figure out issues in their own playing and deduce next steps for improvement.

Group rehearsals give students experience and nuance, but does not often provide the foundation needed for thorough learning. Experience does not equal expertise on its own. Group, instructor-led trainings I've done with Smartsheet and other tools like Tableau still left me without the expertise I was hoping to seek. It's more like an overview of the subject and experience trying to follow some specific instructions created by others. I've never left a group, instructor led training feeling like the subject matter expert was hoping to achieve.

Private practice time lets students apply the lessons taught both by private one-on-one trainings and the group rehearsals/group trainings. That's where the downloadable templates and trying to apply other lessons solidify together.

Have trainees screen-share their own navigation around the Smartsheet project infrastructure always proves far more valuable then any group training, recorded sessions, and even working template sets. It's far more demanding on the trainer's time to do a train-the-trainer, one-on-one session with the student leading the screen time but can provide the best SME training possible.

• Jelena K
    Options

"AI for Aspiring Visionaries" was more than a course. It was a transformative experience that equipped us with the knowledge to shape the future and the wisdom to ensure that technology serves humanity for the better.

It was a favorite because it didn't just teach us about AI—it inspired us to become the architects of tomorrow.😊

• Steven Sawyer
    Steven Sawyer Overachievers
    Options

My favorite course was an elective I took at Cal Poly SLO taught by a nuclear physicist... it was Prevention of Global Nuclear Proliferation. As part of the course we got to take an all day VIP tour of the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant. Fascinating.

• SushilG
    Options

Hi, One my favorite course is Smartsheet for Project Management which I had taken back in 2021 for my new assignment wherein i had to work on Smartsheet extensively. Since then I have been working on Smartsheet's as an Admin, Admins of Smartsheet control center. However, the Smartsheet control center was already developed and handed over to me for administration and management of Smartsheet program. Now i would like to master in developing Smartsheet control center and excel in that.

• Ramzi
    Ramzi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My favorite course is one that I'm taking now. "The Effects of Climate Change and Natural Resources"

Smartsheet Solutions Architect

www.adapture.com

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Smartsheet Community! I have always been someone who has a need to continuously learn. When I came to my company one of my first task was learning Smartsheet with a focus on forms and dashboards. There have been some really great classes I have taken both from Smartsheet University and Udemy. However my favorites actually came from Smartsheet Engage last year, Cicero provided a session Intake to Archive: The anatomy of a complete solution and Advanced automation strategies to unlock efficiency. Both of these learning sessions were a game changer for building our Solutions. We have been able to use this to streamline processes and save roughly 679.5 hours per quarter of manual work for various departments within the company, and that is just from solutions that were complete February, March, and to date April.

On the fun side I took a floral design class that was interesting. That was before I "grew up" and decided recently that I want to be a Smartsheet Solutioneer!!!

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

This discussion has been closed.