[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Options

Comments

• ShanQ
    Options

I really enjoyed my criminology class my freshman year in college. I have a servant heart and we discussed and studied statistics of neighborhoods in larger cities. That was super interesting to a an eighteen year old girl from the middle of nowhere and a graduating class of 43.

• AngieChristophersen
    Options

I'm a Smartsheet nerd so I've loved all of the Smartsheet courses I've taken to earn the Smartsheet Core Certification and Smartsheet Project Management certification. Outside of Smartsheet, I'd say a medicinal plants class I took was the most interesting. I learned, and continue to learn, how to treat our body's aches and illnesses completely naturally. I'm getting back into it and beginning my own herbal garden to grow my own natural medicines.

• KevinThiel
    Options

Microsoft Excel - Excel from Beginner to Advanced. I enjoyed the course because it allowed me to learn at my own pace. It was a skill I wanted to add to help me at work. So I had to fit in between meetings, projects and tasks. Because it was a skill I wanted to add for work, I use it almost everyday. The company that I work for is moving to Smartsheet. I want to add that skill for myself so I can thrive at work and hopefully share my skills with others.

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/10/24
    Options

Twenty years ago I took part in an SBA program for single moms to help us develop job skills. They gave us a laptop and worked with our employers to select online courses that would add value in our professional environments. We were also able to select two courses related to our personal interests. The business courses I took were selected by my supervisor (Event management, business writing and computer troubleshooting). The two personal interest courses I selected were grant writing and how to start a non-profit and I went on to co-found a non-profit in my community with two other women as a result. What began with this SBA program eventually led me to complete a degree through my company's tuition reimbursement program. Knowledge is power and is why Smartsheet's investment in both self-guided and classroom instruction is such an important part of what the software has to offer.

• Steve Krochmal
    Options

Basic intro to programming. Learning logic flows, if/then, and stepping through code to troubleshoot has been useful to apply in many challenges even outside of computer science.

• luxx
    Options

U. S. Army Basic Training- Ft. Knox 😁

• Laura ZJ
    Options

My favorite training course to-date was a six-month data analytics bootcamp. I don't use everything I learned there every day but every day I use something from that course.

• Deepanshu
    Options

One of the best certifications I've ever had the chance to pursue was the self-paced training in the Smartsheet learning path via Smartu. It also offered optional courses. I learned a lot of unprecedented material there and truly enjoyed the experience.

• Cindy Collins
    Options

One of my favorites, and there are many, is Project Management Essentials by Franklin Covey. I appreciated the focus on Foundational Behaviors (Listen First, Respect, Demonstrate Accountability, Clarify Expectations) as "people" are the most critical and important part of any project. It shifted my approach to projects from being 80% scheduling and tasks to 80% people and communication.

• Tara Tanzos
    Options

My favorite course I've taken in recent years was a two-day project management course given at my company. The content was the basics of project management, but tailored for our institution to include company policies, processes, and procedures. Ironically, the course was taught by an external consultant, who had come in and worked with leadership to create the course. Throughout the course you could tell the instructor really took the time to understand our company and apply the knowledge in a way that was relevant for the attendees.

It also was timed well with our onboarding of Smartsheet, which we also used a consultant for. The project management course helped shape our Smartsheet solutions and better understand the dependencies between our solutions so we could enable better reporting, tracking, and lower risk.

• Sanpfeif
    Options

One of the most eye-opening courses for me was when an internal trainer to our company showed me how to create Pivot Tables in Excel. I have used that skill so many times over the years and have shown others as well. I'm so glad the Smartsheet has a similar tool because it can be so valuable.

• juwilson
    Options

I really got a lot out of my PMP Bootcamp course. It really cemented the knowledge I had gained from other project management courses and my own work. I still use these skills every day (and am happy to have Smartsheet's help :))

• BradH
    Options

I spent a number of years coaching my son's hockey team and benefited greatly from taking coaching level courses. Unbelievable when you use some of the techniques learned from the course to connect with kids who have learning disabilities. My biggest insight came from a technique where you explain the drill and then ask the child who has ADHD to explain what they are supposed to do which I realized they can't. Tell them again, and then ask them to repeat which they usually now can. World of a difference and what a great feeling knowing you are getting through to these kids.

• One Of my favorite course was and advanced Excel class that i took at 52 years old , to work toward an associated degree. the Instructor At WCC in Michigan Joyce is a Microsoft expert , she not only showed us a lot of advanced functions in excel she also added some advanced features for us to us in word.

This discussion has been closed.