Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Unicode Text Symbols are extremely useful

KrisWalsh
KrisWalsh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Please send me an email if you would like to be added to the workspace.  

kriswalsh@gmail.com

I love Smartsheet's native symbols and use them all the time. That being said, there are times when I wish I had more options or flexibility with them.

I am sharing the following with the hope that:

1. Someone finds it useful.

2. Others have input on how to further this conversation.

Short Version:

Unicode Text Symbols are awesome. You can use them:

1. In Workspace Names for sorting.

2. To increase your symbol options.

3. To use symbols in the primary column.

4. To have multiple symbol types in a single column.

Does anyone have any input here?

Have you been using them, too?

More Background:

These sheets and a report that articulate everything below.

Text Symbols-1 Gotcha's

Text Symbols-2 Dropdown Lists

Text Symbols-3 - Formatting & Formulas

Text Symbols-4 - Sort Order

Text Symbols-5 - Report Filters

Text Symbols-6 - Symbol Lists & Links

I've got a lot of workspaces and I often use symbols to sort them. Starting a workspace name with "." or "!" will move it to the top of your list of workspaces.

I started playing around with some new text symbols and found that Smartsheet does not recognize some.

This ultimately led me to a few questions about Unicode Text Symbols in Smartsheet:

1. How many Unicode Text Symbols ARE recognized in Smartsheet? There are a bunch, but colors depend on your browser, browser version & the symbol itself.

2. If I use them in Workspace Names how will they sort? Varies - Searching for a workspace in reports doesn’t like them. You have to find the workspace by scrolling down the list.

3. Can I use them in Formulas? YES!

4. Can I use them in Conditional Formatting? YES!

5. Can I use them in Report Filters? YES!

6. Can I use them in API Calls? YES!

Check out the sheet links above to learn more.

♿ ♻ ⚓ ☏ ☎ Ω ๛ ᖰ ❤ ☠ ☢ ☣ ⚿ ⚽ ⚖ ☐ ☑ ✅ ✓ ⍻ ✔ ╳ ✗ ✘ ❌ ✖ ⭙ ❎  ⛝ ⛞ ☒ ❔ ❕ ❓ ❗ ✄ ✉ ➰ ✈ ▲ ▼ ► ◄ ✴ ✵ ✶ ✷ ✸ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ❊ ✽ ⍟ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❂ ❃ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❇ ⌘ ⌗ ⍟ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ✱ ⬆ ⬇ ⬈ ⬉ ⬊ ⬋ ⬌ ⬍ ⬎ ⬏ ⍅ ⍆ ⍇ ⍈ ⍏ ⍐ ⍖ ⍗ ↨ ↩ ↪ ➚ ➛ ➜ ➝ ➞ ➟ ➠ ➡ ➢ ➣ ➮ ➯ ➱ ➲ ➳ ➴ ➵ ➶ ➷ ➸ ⟵ ⟶ ⟷ ⟸ ⟹ ⟺ ⟻ ⟼ ⟽ ⤈ ⤉ ⤊ ⤋ ⤌ ⤍ ⤎ ⤏ ⤐ ⤑ ⤠ ⤡ ⤢ ⤣ ⤤ ⤥ ⤦ ⤧ ⤨ ⤩ ⤶ ⤷ ⤸ ⤹ ⤺ ⤻ ⤼ ⤽ ⤾ ⤿ ⥊ ⥋ ⥌ ⥍ ⥎ ⥏ ⥐ ⥑ ⥒ ⥓ ⥞ ⥟ ⥠ ⥡ ⥢ ⥣ ⥤ ⥥ ⥦ ⥧

Comments

This discussion has been closed.