Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• RYG Status Formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    We have two set of data that are required. Count column that is 0 until there is entry into one or all of the previous columns.  This formula provides a count (this formula works fine) =IF(Series5 = 0, IF(COUNTIF([SKU 1]5:[SKU 15]5, &quo…
    174 3
    174 views 3 comments Most recent by Florence Nickerson
  • COUNTIF Function
    I'm trying to count everything in a Type column that = "Risk" that match a status of "Red" and "Yellow". How would I add "Yellow" to this statement? =COUNTIFS(Type:Type, "Risk", Status:St…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • IF function combined with Vlookup in 2 different smartsheets
    Hello! I have another beginner question. Is it possible to combine an If conditional with a Vlookup? This is my scenario: I have 2 sheets:  Summary and Form. Columns in each sheet are: Summary Sheet: -Column Name -Column Question #…
    554 4
    554 views 4 comments Most recent by Silvia C Rodriguez
  • COUNTIF Function
    Im trying to count 2 columns on a issue sheet and want to count out each specific type (Risk, Action, Issue, Decision) that are open (not counting the closed or in progress types) I have these formuals but its not producing a result * =C…
    21 2
    21 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Error With % Complete Child Roll-up caculation
    Hello, My team has requested that we use an average % complete of the child cells to populate the parent cell. I am struggling to get this to work. Does it matter if you are rolling up % complete that have already been used in a average f…
    34 5
    34 views 5 comments Most recent by Katye Reed
  • Creating a technology device loaning process
    Good day everyone. I am new to the community but not new to Smartsheet. Have been using at my company for a number of years now. My team has acquired a quite a few pieces of equipment and it seems that we are constantly loaning them out t…
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Extract selected data from sheet (without using report)
    Hi Smartsheet community! I have the following problem: I have a Smartsheet with a long list of items. These items will be shipped in several shipments and several collis, on different dates and to different locations. I would like to ext…
    106 1
    106 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Graphs on Dashboard not updating dynamically
    I have an issue with the charts on my dashboards not updating to show current metrics. Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but here is what I have done.   1 - Created a sheet and linked data from a Card that i have setup for my team  …
    189 3
    189 views 3 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Formula help
    Hello, I am trying to do a vlookup on my smartsheet task list to reference a different smartsheet which looks up for example "312" returns the value two columns over, which is a date, and then minus 90 days from that date and ret…
    3 3
    3 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Nested IF and OR (and possibly AND)
    Hello, I have two checkbox columns: one for Arabic and one for English.  These columns will either be checked, unchecked or say "n/a". What I want is to have another checkbox column where it is checked if Arabic and English are…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome