Formulas and Functions

Formulas and Functions

Discussion List

• smuhammad41001
    First post 03/12/18,Last post 03/13/18
    I'm kinda new to this. I'm a little familiar with how formulas worked in Microsoft Excel, but not a pro in the slightest. I only know basic stuff. How do you use a formula to change the value of symbols and check boxes and drop down menus…
    Formulas and Functions5225
    smuhammad41001
  • Rick Segal
    Rick Segal 5 views 5 comments Most recent by Ofir Marco
    First post 03/10/18,Last post 03/13/18
    I have a sheet that is tracking issues.  One column is a category (bug, feature req, UI issue, etc.).  The selections are defined in a pull down and isn't free form.  I want to create a widget for a dashboard that shows the total number of…
    Formulas and Functions55
    Rick Segal
  • kp801
    kp801 90 views 4 comments Most recent by Jim Hook
    First post 03/12/18,Last post 03/12/18
    I'm working on a project and am hoping for some advice from the community of experts! I have a sheet that serves as an ongoing list of projects and information about those projects - once a decision is made to either fund the project or d…
    Formulas and Functions904
    kp801
  • LaurenS
    LaurenS 37 views 2 comments Most recent by LaurenS
    First post 03/07/18,Last post 03/12/18
    Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get the Report Builder to filter both an include and an exclude in the same column -OR- get it to filter for an exact word or phrase. Example: Filter for a column is set to find all entries that …
    Formulas and Functions372
    LaurenS
  • Ofir Marco
    Ofir Marco 527 views 9 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
    First post 03/11/18,Last post 03/12/18
    trying to add new columns to show some milestones end dates on the parent row. For example, if i have a summary parent row called "Project 1" and one of the child tasks called "SOW", i want to show the SOW date rolled …
    Formulas and Functions5279
    Ofir Marco
  • Kim McNamara
    Kim McNamara 15 views 2 comments Most recent by Kim McNamara
    First post 03/02/18,Last post 03/09/18
    Hi  I am trying to count the number of items that are for a particular month and year. eg:  I would like to count the number of items submitted for the month of Jan 2018 the column I am wanting to pull the data from is a date column
    Formulas and Functions152
    Kim McNamara
  • Kayla Leslie
    Kayla Leslie 25 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/09/18,Last post 03/09/18
    Hi, I am looking for a formula that will allow me to limit the options seen in a drop down based of what is selected from another drop down. For example, Column A would is a State Drop Down and Column B is a City Drop Down but only shows t…
    Formulas and Functions252
    Kayla Leslie
  • klsalvini16801
    klsalvini16801 237 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 03/07/18,Last post 03/09/18
    Both Google sheets and Excel have a shortcut (CTRL+~) that allows you to toggle a view that shows all the formulas in the sheet at once (that is, the cells change from displaying values to displaying the underlying formulas).  I find this …
    Formulas and Functions2371
    klsalvini16801
  • p_bureau
    p_bureau 49 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 03/08/18,Last post 03/09/18
    Hi the community!   I am using Smartsheet with French settings, meaning : * the decimal separator (for numeric values) is "," * the separator in formulas is ";"   When I use the "@row" reference in a form…
    Formulas and Functions491
    p_bureau
  • Digital_Kru
    Digital_Kru 13 views 4 comments Most recent by Digital_Kru
    I'm trying to get a formula that will do the following: Give me a RYG result in a column, by looking at whether a project item has gotten close to the due date, compared to what the status is on that item. I want it to give a Red result …
    Formulas and Functions134
    Digital_Kru
  • dsierra
    dsierra 101 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 03/08/18,Last post 03/09/18
    Good afternoon, Wondering if anybody knows how to enter the following formula that we use in Excel: =NORMSINV(1-(total defects / total opportunities))+1.5 into Smartsheet, we use it to calculate Sigma Levels. Thanks!
    Formulas and Functions1011
    dsierra
  • joe40811
    joe40811 98 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    I have users inputting data using a form. The data comes into my sheet at the top. At the bottom of my sheet I have a cell that is summing the numbers in a column called "Sales Amount". Each time a new record is added at the top …
    Formulas and Functions981
    joe40811
  • clifka
    clifka 13 views 7 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/08/18,Last post 03/08/18
    Good Morning. I am attempting to create a forumula which references another sheet; however, I continue to receive error messages or it doesn't calculate correctly.  Below is the outline of what I am looking to accomplish.  Let me know if …
    Formulas and Functions137
    clifka
  • clifka
    clifka 43 views 5 comments Most recent by clifka
    First post 03/07/18,Last post 03/08/18
    In process of creating a formula and I can't seem to get it to work correctly.  Any feedback is welcome. I have two columns.  Both are drop downs.   Column Program:  A, B, C Column Status:  A, B, C, D, E Would like to create a formula …
    Formulas and Functions435
    clifka
  • Meenakshi Sundaram S
    First post 03/07/18,Last post 03/08/18
    Hi, Please can someone help with a formula to find if a row is parent and at the same time has a text that starts with "abcde".
    Formulas and Functions392
    Meenakshi Sundaram S
  • L@123
    [email protected] 56 views 3 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 03/05/18,Last post 03/07/18
    I have no idea how the program thinks that the number 2 even approximately resembles the word "Sparks Corp". I want to use fuzzy math to find the closest vendor name to the one that is typed in, and was hoping to use the approxim…
    Formulas and Functions563
    [email protected]
  • Joan Bond
    Joan Bond 213 views 4 comments Most recent by Joan Bond
    First post 03/06/18,Last post 03/07/18
    Hi I'm using a report to pull together a number of different sheets.  I'm looking to do a vlookup on the report. Is this possible? If not can I select multiple sheets in one vlookup?   Thanks  
    Formulas and Functions2134
    Joan Bond
  • brandon.elmer
    brandon.elmer 14 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/06/18,Last post 03/07/18
    Hi Everyone, I got a great formula from Customer Success that I thought I would share.  I wanted a way to know if a project was at least 1 week or more behind schedule.  This is what Customer Success gave me: =COUNTIFS(Finish:Finish, TOD…
    Formulas and Functions144
    brandon.elmer
  • Kelli Lenz
    Kelli Lenz 13 views 2 comments Most recent by Kelli Lenz
    I'm needing help completing a formula. The formula that is needed will look specific data in column "A" then specific data in column "B" with the result of these to coming from a different little grid. I've got the 1st…
    Formulas and Functions132
    Kelli Lenz
  • apmarcotte
    apmarcotte 200 views 2 comments Most recent by apmarcotte
    Does anyone have a formula that looks at a line status (Not Started, In Progress, Complete) and then determines whether it is after the due date (red), <7 days (yellow) , or >7 days (green)? Complete would need to turn green regardl…
    Formulas and Functions2002
    apmarcotte
  • Anthony
    Anthony 138 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 03/05/18,Last post 03/06/18
    Hello,   I was wondering if it is possible to write the current SS Sheet name to a cell that you are working on? The reason that i am checking this functionality is due to how certain project plans are created within a Workspace and i n…
    Formulas and Functions1381
    Anthony
  • jcone40331
    jcone40331 211 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/06/18,Last post 03/06/18
    I’m looking for guidance on how I would (or if it’s possible to) automatically generate line items on a decision log from an action item log column value (separate sheets). What I mean is, whenever the value of “move to decision log” is se…
    Formulas and Functions2111
    jcone40331
  • Art Miller
    Art Miller 17 views 3 comments Most recent by Chris McKay
    First post 03/02/18,Last post 03/05/18
    All, Have a smartsheet that shows by student (each row is a student) what course they are required to take.  The student updates the date they completed the course via update requests.   Based on this smartsheet I am trying to find a form…
    Formulas and Functions173
    Art Miller
  • Amy_API
    Amy_API 14 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/05/18,Last post 03/05/18
    I'm having an issue understanding COUNTIFS in my scenario.  I'm trying to track billable hours, and I'd like to summarize the hours value listed if another column equals a specific value. So I can track how many hours go to which projects…
    Formulas and Functions145
    Amy_API
  • Mark Dekorte
    Mark Dekorte 13 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    We do a customer follow up for every job we do. We ask 3 questions rated 1-10.  If "Overall Score" column totals  26-30 points - green ball 20-25 points - yellow ball >20 points red ball. I can get the column to automatica…
    Formulas and Functions133
    Mark Dekorte
  • dana y
    dana y 97 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    Hello,   was hoping to get some advice ... i have a long drawn out conditional formatting expression that will turn a row a certain color once it is all met .. at that point i want a box to automatically be checked to indicate that the e…
    Formulas and Functions971
    dana y
  • jdawana19896
    jdawana19896 15 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    Hello,  We are using Smartsheet as an intake form of new projects.  What I need to do is do a COUNT of all the projects that came in for this week and also by product type, and region request.  However, the only way I can think of doing t…
    Formulas and Functions151
    jdawana19896
  • dana y
    dana y 14 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 03/04/18,Last post 03/05/18
    I have an odd one that hopefully someone can shed light on as i am going a bit crazy :)  I finally figured out a formula i have been working on for few days ...  strangest thing it seems to have been the quotes that i was using ??.... I…
    Formulas and Functions144
    dana y
  • dana y
    dana y 848 views 2 comments Most recent by dana y
    So i have two formulas , one works and one does not; hoping someone can see what i am missing here.  i have four columns that i need to take into consideration before i  automatically check a checkbox .  using two of the conditions works; …
    Formulas and Functions8482
    dana y
  • PabloG
    PabloG 27 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    Hi all, I'm fairly new to Smarthsheet and have run into a simple COUNTIF formula error. I want to simply sum all cells in a column that contain the text "*C-000*". My formula is below and I don't show an error in the formula but…
    Formulas and Functions271
    PabloG