Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Status Report
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi everyone!  I have a grid that contains a form for a status report, that needs to be filled out twice a month-the exact dates will vary each month.  What I am trying to do is twofold; first, create something that will allow me to see who…
    38 11
    38 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • =COUNTIF field has any value
    Hello,  My current incorrect statement is as follows:  =COUNTIF(Plant:Plant, "DC", [Assigned To]:[Assigned To], NOT(ISBLANK([Assigned To]:[Assigned To]))) I am attempting to count the number of fields with any value in the &qu…
    141 2
    141 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Dates Formula (IF?)
    Dear, I need help I need a formula that activates a status dependent on a date. I mean, it automatically gets the corresponding color if a few days have passed after sending a quote. Example, if 3 days have elapsed since the date the quo…
    23 3
    23 views 3 comments Most recent by Gerardo_Clarke
  • Vlookup from Excel to Smartsheet
    My apologies if this has already been covered, but I didn't see anything specific to this subject when searching. I have a Excel sheet that has 45,000 + rows. The data in the rows are filled by 2 columns - United States Zip Code's and cit…
    1251 1
    1.3K views 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
  • % Complete for a row based on 6 columns of check boxes
    Hello - I have a task list that has 6 columns - each column has a check box. I am trying to determine a formula to calculate the % complete based on the populated check boxes.  Ex: 6 Columns - if 3 columns were checked the % complete woul…
    90 1
    90 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Help Combining CountIFs and TODAY() function
    Hello, I am having difficulty with the proper syntax in my countifs function. What I am trying to do is count the instances of a word within a specific column (this I accomplished without a hitch) and then narrow those by instances that a…
    435 1
    435 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Column not auto-filling with formula
    Hello, I am having a webform insert new rows at the top of my spreadsheet. As you can see in the picture, for some reason the formula in the third column automatically fills the new row, but the formula in the second row does not.  Why m…
    31 1
    31 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula help: if project type = x then sum revenue?
    I'm having a bear of a time with forumlas (as you can see from my posting history).  I'd like to add up the MRR by project type automatically. I'm currently calculating this by hand and it is time consuming and error prone.    See screen…
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • When 'complete', date to be auto-filled
    Hello!  I'm trying to setup a project plan for when a task is marked 'complete' it auto-fills the 'Finish Date' column. Would I use an If, then formula? If so, what would that formula look like? Thanks! Crystal 
    84 3
    84 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Vlookup woes
    I'm trying to do a VLOOKUP and am getting the result #NOMATCH for all entries. Essentially I want to look in the Instructor column in Sheet A, check Sheet B and find the Instructor name and return their ID number. The Instructor names are…
    12 9
    12 views 9 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday