Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Metric Sheet Calculations for a Dashboard
    In Formulas and Functions
    Evening All, i'm looking to see how I can add to this formula a rule to not include sales variances of 100%. This shows when I am comparing year over year sales and the site does not have those figures to compare.  =IFERROR(AVG({Sales Va…
    82 3
    82 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • IF statement with child/parent logic
    The Problem: I need to have autonumber as a Unique Identifier for each row. When that row changes due to changing business requirements, I want to create a child row but it should not have a different Unique ID from the parent. It could e…
    491 1
    491 views 1 comment Most recent by SYSPK
  • Row number calculations as part of a formula
    Hi there, I'm trying to replace the value of a row number in a formula. I have created a rowID column so each row has a row number in that column. I would like to make calculations from that to replace the row number part of a cell refer…
    TR Profile Photo TR
    146 2
    146 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How to avoid #REF errors when referenced cell is deleted
    I am trying to make a Sheet Summary field that always references the first row in the column (aka ColumnName1). But if I make that reference and then the row is deleted, the reference breaks and gives a #REF error. How can I make a formula…
    299 2
    299 views 2 comments Most recent by Connor Hartford
  • HELP with IF formula and cell reference
    I would like to check cell [Actual Finish Date}4 for a date before executing =IF(ISBLANK([Planned Finish Date]4), 0, IF([Planned Finish Date]4 < TODAY(), 1, 0)) which sets a FLAG to true. If [Actual Finish Date}4 has a date then set FLA…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Master Sheet - Exceeds Row Limit
    I am struggling to figure out how to have a "master" listing of customers that can be referenced by various sheets via INDEX/MATCH cross sheet formulas when that list is too large. Here is my background: I have a master custome…
    214 7
    214 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Filter suddenly not working
    Hi All,   I have an issue of a filter not working that previously worked fine. The filter looks for cells in a column formatted for text/numbers. Here's an example of the data in the column: NLOND_3104-1 NLOND_3709-2 -2 -1 -2 NLO…
    363 3
    363 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formulas for current month and previous month
    Hello all (See attached screenshot of my sheet) I need some help. I have a budge/cashflow sheet. From this sheet I would like to create a Dashboard Role-up sheet that gives me the following: PREVIOUS month's budgeted income PREVIOUS mo…
    265 1
    265 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Capture date when row changes
    Hi,   I have a status column in my row that changes from "animating" to "approved" and would like the start and end date columns to update when status is changed.   ie: 1. When status column changes to "animat…
    93 1
    93 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • AUTOMATE RYGB
    Hello All,  I am trying to automate the blue ball based on complete and the red, yellow and green based on date. I have come up with the following formula but I am getting an UNPARSE any help would be great. =If(Status1 =Complete, "…
    23 6
    23 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå