Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• COUNTIF formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am trying to count the number of projects completed between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 with this formula:   =COUNTIFS({Status}, ="Completed", {Completion Date}, >=DATE(2018, 7, 1) <= DATE(2019, 6, 30)) The outcome …
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by hennarizvi
  • If project status complete - stop calculating formulas & Conditional Formatting
    Greetings, Currently at row 1600, waiting for a cell's formula to process the formula may take up to 10 minutes.  For instance, sometimes when I change the duration of a Child row by 1 day, it may take 10 minutes for the End Date to advan…
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Vlookup
    Hello,  We have here 5 different sheets containing records for Medical service details, including columns for patient name, ID, DOB, charge amount, payment status, etc. Now i want to get a sixth sheet that will look up from the above 5 s…
    62 6
    62 views 6 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Nested If Formulas with conditions in 2 columns
    I'm trying to figure out how to create a formula that has a red flag appear if the following are true. I can't seem to figure out how to put the whole formula together. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! IF(AND[Due Date]@row < TODAY(), S…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • COUNTIF with Parent rows only, exclude children
    I want to create a COUNTIF function that will count only the Parent row of a status column in a project tracking sheet. This is to create a metric sheet that will show all project statuses by each project manager's sheet. There is a status…
    984 3
    984 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Separate Data
    Does anyone know how do you split data in one cell into multiple columns?
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Countif Formula
    Hi everyone! Im having trouble with a simple COUNTIF formula. I am getting "UNPARSEABLE" but for the life of me, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I want to count how many times the "Weekly Goal" was met in a r…
    12 3
    12 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Hierarchy tagging
    Greetings,    I have a organizational structure that has three levels * Campaign * Project * Deliverable * Task I am trying to figure out a way how I can have a column with one of the above values that is based on hierarchy. I have the…
    102 1
    102 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • IF function 100% Complete
    Hello,   I'm trying to figure out using a symbol column type, once the visual symbol of a checkmark is selected, to then have the % complete column populate "100%". I can't seem to figure out the correct function to apply to al…
    235 4
    235 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Count Checked boxes from another sheet
    Hi - I've seen this question a few times, but I am still not able to get this to work.  I have a Metrics page that I am rolling totals up to so I can display a donut chart of projects per GEO.  This has worked, up until now, because I ha…
    33 3
    33 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå