Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Looking to set Notifications/Reminders beyond the default options
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello - I'm a bit new to Smartsheet but loving it so far.  I have a few columns with dates that I would like email notifications or reminders set up when the following conditions occur: 1 year anniversary from date in cell 5 years, 9 mon…
    12 4
    12 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Tire Maintenance - Form / Spreadsheet Assistance
    Hello All, Today is my first day (YAY!). I'm digging Smartsheet thus far, although, I'm looking for suggestions. I've been tasked with creating a Tire Maintenance Program. So far I've put the basic asset information (Year, Make, Model, VI…
    53 9
    53 views 9 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Revising duration so it doesn't count first day
    I want the range of days from Monday the 1st to Monday the 21st to read 21 days; yet it reads "22 days" in the duration column.  This is because day 1 is the first day, when I need "day 1" to be the following date from …
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Combine IF formulas in one cell
    Hello, I'm trying to create a %Complete column based on a drop down list column called "Status".  For example, I'm looking to combine these formulas into one cell, then copy and paste to all other cells in the same column.  I'm …
    304 2
    304 views 2 comments Most recent by pyennaco
  • Criteria for Alerts and Actions Rule
    My boss has a Smartsheet set up to send a Update Request 30 days before today.  For example row 7 would look like ....=[Due_Date]7 - TODAY() Would this alert still be sent if Smartsheet was down for maintenance at the scheduled time the a…
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formula Help
    Hello New user needing help with formula. I would like it to be something like this: When the due date is => than today -1 turn red, if the due date is < today - 3 days turn yellow, if due date is is =. than today +5 turn green T…
    82 9
    82 views 9 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Column Status Formula
    Hi Everyone,  I have a status column with the following options: Not Started, In-progress, Complete, N/A. I've created a formula if the parent row is set at 'Not Started' then the sub-task would automatically change to 'Not Started'.  Sa…
    33 1
    33 views 1 comment Most recent by aguillot
  • Parent Sum IF
    I've tried a variety of calculations, and can't seem to get the results I'm seeking.  I'm simply trying to add up all of the parent rows in a column called Resource Days that are Assigned To a specific team member.  Any suggestions? =SUMI…
    203 1
    203 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Enhancement Request: Report Criteria What? on Dropdown column like Text/Number
    When I have a Dropdown column for the What? criteria of a Report, my only option is some version of the "is one of" criteria. What I want is to be able to build the criteria like a Text/Number column, for example using "con…
    52 1
    52 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Count & AVG only if another column contains "text"
    Hi Again, After scouring discussion boards I have managed to Average the total of the rows, see below =IF((COUNT([Days to respond]194:[Days to respond]214)) = (COUNTIF([Days to respond]194:[Days to respond]214, 0)), 0, SUM([Days to respo…
    32 2
    32 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams