Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Tasks Within a Date Range Formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, We meet weekly with a client to show all the tasks that have been worked on since the last meeting (7 days ago). So I am trying to create a Report to show this. Could not get the report builder to filter this exactly as it never captur…
    Accepted
    315 7
    Answered ✓ 315 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Help with ISBLANK & ISDATE syntax
    I made a checkbox helper column. I want the box checked if an "install date" is a date and is between 14-21 days, AND "Submitted For Order" column is blank. Here is the formula i have =IF(ISDATE([Install Date]@row), IF…
    Accepted
    145 3
    Answered ✓ 145 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Contains formula not picking up text
    Hi, I have this contains formula that searches for M&E and im not sure why its not working. Could someone please point me to where im going wrong. Thanks, Liam
    Accepted
    165 10
    Answered ✓ 165 views 10 comments Most recent by Liam Burnett
  • COUNTIFS on multiple columns looking for multiple conditions.
    Hi, Im trying to count how many rows fit a specific criteria. Here is my example table: In this example I want to count how many rows are assigned to "In House" with a Status of "In" and Difficulty of "A". …
    Accepted
    38 3
    Answered ✓ 38 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Using COUNTIFS for multiple criteria
    I wanted to count the number of TASKS that have a STATUS <> Complete where the FINISH date is <= TODAY and I have that formula: =COUNTIFS(Status:Status, <>"Complete", Finish:Finish, <=TODAY()) Now I want to add…
    Answered - Pending Review
    579 6
    Answered - Pending Review 579 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • COUNTIF - FINDING MULTIPLE VALUES IN 2 COLUMNS
    I am trying to write a formula that will count 2 values in one column & exclude two values in another column. My two columns are: Department & Modified. I want to count the words "Sale" and "Manager" in this …
    157 1
    Answered - Pending Review 157 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Building a Sum If Statement
    I'm trying to build a SumIfs statement that calculates the number of hours by type (Sick, Vacation, Personal) by employee ID. I'm able to do a simple SimIf for the total, but struggling with how to break it down by sick type. This is the …
    Accepted
    13 5
    Answered ✓ 13 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Dynamics metrics across new sheets
    Goal: create metrics for a dashboard that automatically update when new project plans are created in the same workspace. For example: KPI=Number of late deliveries across all projects at a client I can create a metrics sheet and create a …
    Accepted
    87 3
    Answered ✓ 87 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • COUNTIFS using 2 colums
    I am trying to return a count of how many active cardholders had their cards for 12 months. I'm using this formula and it keeps returning a value of 0. =COUNTIFS([Cardmember Status]:[Cardmember Status], "ACTIVE ACCOUNT", Tenure:T…
    Accepted
    12 11
    Answered ✓ 12 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Nested If Statement
    Can someone help me correct my formula? I'm getting a #UNPARSEABLE error. =IF(AND(TODAY() > [Intranet Due Date (SA- Date to Complete By)]1, Status1 = "Completed"), "Completed", "Past Due"), IF(AND(TODAY()…
    21 1
    Answered - Pending Review 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Debbie Sawyer