Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Counting Parents on a sheet ignorning children.
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi everyone, I have a sheet in which I have parents and children.  I only want to get a count of the parents.  I have seen other posts that recommend adding a blank line at the top and making everyone a child.   Is there another way around…
    116 2
    116 views 2 comments Most recent by dwayne.waterman21236
  • How to use Index/Match instead of vlookup still using sheet references
    Hello We have started to build a large master sheet using vlookups (mostly countifs and sumifs) cross referencing our other sheets but have quickly run into the 25000 limit. It has been suggested that by using index/match instead we can …
    106 1
    106 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Return Text based on a date
    I am trying to write a formula that will return the text "Current" or Expired in the INS status Column based on whether the dates in the GL, AUTO and WC dates are past today's date.  Hitting a wall.  Attached snip of the sheet T…
    82 5
    82 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • CountIFS formula including OR
    Hello, I am trying to create a complex formula using ranges and inside the COUNTIFS i need to include OR functions, but when i do the below it comes up with error: =COUNTIFS(OR({Current Jobs Completed Hour}, <7, {Current Jobs Completed…
    2 5
    2 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • checkbox if statement based on date and multiple drop down options
    I'm trying to set up a formula that will check an "At Risk" flag based on a date and several drop down options. Example for row 7 : If the [Ship Date Estimated]7 is less than Today and the [Status]7 does not equal "Shipped&q…
    71 3
    71 views 3 comments Most recent by Eric M Oliveira
  • Formula to automatically input total number of rows
    Hello! I'm hoping one of you smart people can help me...   The "$A$70" value in the calculation below is the number of rows in the sheet I want to replace the "$A$70" value with a calculation (or whatever it's called…
    33 3
    33 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula
    Hello everyone, I'm new to smartsheets and so far my experience has been positive but I'm heading into areas that go beyond what I have learned so far, I used basic formulas to do counts using =SUM, and =COUNTIF but I only have been able t…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula to convert numerical values in Column A with LOW/MED/HIGH
    Hi there, I hope someone with a big brain can help me solve this issue I'm having.  Desired Result: I'm trying to fix a formula that will automatically input the Values "LOW", "MED", or "HIGH". I would like …
    111 1
    111 views 1 comment Most recent by L_123
  • Creating a report using COUNTIFS with multiple fields and date range
    Hi: I have a schedule Smartsheet that I am attempting to build a report via COUNTIFS formulas which pulls data from the schedule smart sheet. My schedule smartsheert (source data) has the following fields & Column Values, I'm using t…
    23 3
    23 views 3 comments Most recent by Alejandra
  • Flag if Multiple Dates in Same Column
    I'm attempting to set up conditional formatting to highlight cells if there are duplicate dates in the same column. (For a spreadsheet managing event bookings, want to highlight if multiple requests for same day) I tried an IF/COUNTIF fun…
    47 2
    47 views 2 comments Most recent by BTeeter