Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• How do I automate At Risk flag to change to red 72 hours prior to deadline/task end date?
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi - I'm trying to automate the At Risk flag to change to RED 72 hours prior to the task deadline so it can trigger an email to the person assigned to the task. I have created the workflow/alert email upon red flag trigger, so that part i…
    Accepted
    262 12
    Answered ✓ 262 views 12 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • If(And(Or
    I'm trying to create a formula that includes If, And, and Or in it and I'm having trouble figuring out the correct way to write it. Written out what I need is: If "restrictions in place through" is greater than 3/28/2020 OR equal…
    Accepted
    25 29
    Answered ✓ 25 views 29 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Using IF, AND functions together.
    Hello, I am trying to create a formula whereby, if the date in the "Due Date" column is less than today and if the "Approval Completed" column box is unchecked, return 1 or 0. I need to calculate how many tasks are past…
    Accepted
    23 4
    Answered ✓ 23 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Sumif from multiple sheets
    I need help with a formula for 2 scenarios: 1) I want to sum up the total of items from the "ATL Tasks/Notes" sheet that have any priority designation (high, medium or low). 2) Then I also want to sum up the total of items betw…
    Answered - Pending Review
    222 1
    Answered - Pending Review 222 views 1 comment Most recent by Sean Morgan
  • Need to calculate advance per week with a range of two dates.
    Dear all, I need to support to determine a formula that allows me To perform a weekly count of how many days (or if If any) will happen this week based on range of between 2 dates. Example Today is 3/19/2020 Start Date End Date 3/16…
    22 1
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Cell 1 to equal Cell 2, if 2 blank, then 3, if 3 blank, then 4
    Hi all, I have 4 cells, what I need is: Cell 1 to equal Cell 2 If Cell 2 is blank, then read Cell 3, If Cell 3 is blank, then read Cell 4. I have searched quite a few discussions to try and replicate but cannot seem to get it to work. Ce…
    38 1
    Answered - Pending Review 38 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Help With Adding More Conditions in Current IF Formula
    Hi everyone, I am currently struggling to add more conditions to my current formula. The formula is: =IF('Department 1'[Approval Response]="Pending" && 'Department 1'[Past Due/Scheduled]="Past Due",1,0) I want …
    23 11
    Answered - Pending Review 23 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Date formula returning "#INVALID DATA TYPE"
    Hi guys, I can't figure out what's happening here, hoping someone can point me in the right direction Importing a table with a "Date" column set as primary column, Date format is YYYY-MM-DD Trying to convert the value into a form…
    Accepted
    3184 3
    Answered ✓ 3.2K views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Incorrect counting of blank rows
    ="Completed " + COUNTIF([Completed Tasks]:[Completed Tasks], 1) + " of " + COUNT([Completed Tasks]:[Completed Tasks], IF([Task Name]:[Task Name], "")) I have a checkbox column that will read in the summary ba…
    Accepted
    78 5
    Answered ✓ 78 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Verify All Sites Submitted Response Today
    Hi, I'm trying to track if a site (or Name) created a new daily entry using a Smartsheet form. I added this formula to the Updated Today column to return a "Yes" answer if the site (or Name) created a new daily entry. This seems…
    21 1
    Answered - Pending Review 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.