Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Generate row IDs with new rows on top
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hey! I have a sheet in which rows are added from a Smartsheet form. In the form, I used the feature that new rows are added on the top of the sheet instead of the bottom. So every time there is a new entry the first row is the last entry. …
    136 1
    136 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • COUNTIF EXCEPT
    Hello, could you help me find a formula that counts all except "x". I have a Column that has data such as: dates, "ok" and "N/A". I try using the Countif formula but cant seem to figure how to have it count a…
    2023 4
    2K views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Smartsheet formula
    Hi Can you please suggest me with a formula that carries out the following function for me: IF %column = 100%, "Complete" IF%column = >25% and <=99%, "In Progress" IF %column = <25% "At Risk" IF %c…
    Accepted
    22 3
    Answered ✓ 22 views 3 comments Most recent by Brett Wyrick
  • Customizable Map Chart
    Hello - I am looking to be able to show impact across the US visually on a map. For instance color code tier 1 states red, tier 2 states yellow, tier 3 states green. I have attached a picture of what I am thinking I would like to develop…
    Accepted
    151 3
    Answered ✓ 151 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How to return blank rather than 0 with COUNTIF formula
    Hi - I have a 'COUNTIF' formula in a Roll-up Summary that is referencing a column with dates in another sheet to provide a count of dates within a specific range. If no dates are found within the date range specified, it is returning a '…
    Answered - Pending Review
    452 1
    Answered - Pending Review 452 views 1 comment Most recent by steven.reed14881
  • OR function Not Working with Multiple Logical Expressions
    Hello, I have the following formula: =IF(OR(Status4 <> "Complete", Status4 <> "Sent/Complete"), "not complete", "Complete") which always returns "not complete", i.e. true. Howe…
    Accepted
    89 9
    Answered ✓ 89 views 9 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • how to realize a projectplan with planned start/end/effort/duration vs. actual start/end/effort/....
    Hi all, we are successfull planning projects with smartsheet. Now we would like to compare planned start/end/effort/duration vs. actual start/end/effort/duration. Any idea how to do that? Baseplans? How to visualice two gantt bars planned …
    24 2
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 2 comments Most recent by Joachim Mund
  • Date Formula
    I am creating a sheet to be used as a template for tracking tasks per contracts. For invoices, I would like to have a section that will have Invoice 1, 2, -12 but I would like to just be able to input one date and then have the other date…
    Accepted
    84 9
    Answered ✓ 84 views 9 comments Most recent by Pamela Wagner
  • SUMIFS coming back unparseable
    I'm trying to add up a total amount based on a column called 'Total Amount (USD)' and relate that total amount to a column called 'Region' but only if the column called 'Stage' is equal to "Proposed", or "Committed", o…
    Accepted
    13 3
    Answered ✓ 13 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • COUNTIFS
    I am trying to count number of appointments by quarter by territory for a particular rep. The rep may be in several territories. This is the formula I had been using but now need to count another territory, SLG AG. Formula #1 without count…
    33 1
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome