Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Handling request times within certain business hours
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi I am looking for a way to calculate the number of days between when a row is added and when it is marked as "complete." I currently have a column set up with the submission timestamp. I also have a "date completed"…
    13 1
    13 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • SUMIFS Function Not Working
    Hi Community! Please see below screenshots, 1st image has the SUMIFS formulae and columns used to create this, and 2nd image is the output result "TotalVacationhoursScheduled". The problem is this SUMIFS is not working as it is …
    313 12
    313 views 12 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • SUMIFS based off Status and date?
    I am building a counter for a team where they do a simple web form to say which task they did, and how many times they did it. There then needs to be a dashboard that then has a sum of that type of tasks completed during the current month,…
    127 3
    127 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Testing multiple due dates against completion dates
    Hey Community members I have a sheet that is tracking reporting compliance. Most of the reports only have ONE due date (typically reported annually ie 30th June), but there is a number that requires monthly and quarterly reporting. To al…
    66 5
    66 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Saving as New
    If you save a workspace as new and rename it, would you also have to rename the sheets that are in the workspace?   Just wondering if they were the same would that mess up any formulas?   Thanks, Cheryl
    37 3
    37 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • AvgIF(Children)
    Is there a way to get an average of selected cells (all the Children of a column) only if they are not blank?  I am stuck and trying to automate the functions as much as possible.  Thanks a ton in advance!
    107 1
    107 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • SUMIFS using Fiscal Year Date Range
    I'm trying to sum monetary amounts for a certain customer while referencing the data from a separate sheet. However, I only want to sum those amounts that fall within the FY20 (fiscal year) dates of 4/1/19 to 3/31/19. Here's the start of …
    131 1
    131 views 1 comment Most recent by Brian W
  • Sum of Values in Another Sheet, Using Collect
    I would like to find the sum of the enrollments in a particular course from one sheet (Sheet 1), and display in another sheet (Sheet 2).   Sheet 1 There are three columns, Course, Students, Term. Course     | Students |   Term BUS 101…
    161 1
    161 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Nested IF Statement
    Hello, I am trying to create a status of "Adheres" or "Past Due" based of off comparing two date fields (A Target Date and an Actual Date).  When I use this formula I get what I need. =IF([Target Audit Start Date]8 &g…
    12 3
    12 views 3 comments Most recent by Nic Larsen
  • Count Number of Open Items in the Last Month by Day
    I am trying to make a chart showing the number of open items each day in the last month. In the last month will be flexible so this will be a item that autopopulates the chart as the month goes on. I have a column for the formula =TODAY(-1…
    256 2
    256 views 2 comments Most recent by Eric M Oliveira