Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formula to return multiple contacts based on multi drop down options
    In Formulas and Functions
    Okay, I'm trying to write a formula to automatically populate a contact based off the information selected in a multi drop down. I have a separate sheet that lists the appropriate contact for each item (Sheet Name: HR Contact for Reminder…
    Answered - Pending Review
    198 1
    Answered - Pending Review 198 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Lookup in one column to enter text in another
    I want to look up a value from a dropdown in one column and enter text into another column based on the value found in the first column - is this possible? I can't seem to work it out! For example, if 'Column A' is '123', 'Column B' will p…
    23 2
    Answered - Pending Review 23 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Match Volunteers to Meetings
    I need a way to match a list of volunteers to meetings in their area. Sheet A houses volunteer information, and the input is a Smartsheet form. Very basic, houses employee info and state (has multiple name columns because I added the "…
    24 4
    Answered - Pending Review 24 views 4 comments Most recent by Christi Lowe
  • Topic: Move Record Issue: Downstream Receiving Table Column Formulas will not stick on incom. recrd
    Hi Team, I have move record functionality in my tables, and for some reason, the incoming records coming into my tables will not inherit the formulas on the columns... even when I have two template records hidden on each sheet which I need…
    Accepted
    21 7
    Answered ✓ 21 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Date Calculation: Subtract Days from Original Date
    So, I'm a beginner in Smartsheets. I'm trying to build a sheet that has one "parent" date that the rest of the dates are "born" off of (e.g. T-27 days, T+14 days, etc.). I'd like to avoid using Duration because the sta…
    Accepted
    1908 5
    Answered ✓ 1.9K views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula to calculate time
    Earlier I found the following formula in this forum to calculate time, as follows: Let's say it is row 1 and the columns are: StartTime1 EndTime1 =VALUE(LEFT(EndTime1, (FIND(":", EndTime1) - 1))) - VALUE(LEFT(StartTime1, (FIND(&…
    Accepted
    63 5
    Answered ✓ 63 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Actual days passed based on % complete and submitted date
    Hello, I am trying to write a formula that gives me the days that have passed between the time the percentage completed has been marked as 100% and the actual end date a task has been marked as complete. The caveat is that l don't know whe…
    Accepted
    15 3
    Answered ✓ 15 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Adding cells until another cell changes
    I am trying create a formula to add 2 cells until 2 other cells have data placed in those cells I want to add them.
    Accepted
    13 4
    Answered ✓ 13 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula to display count of multiple items in cell
    I'm trying to create a formula that will calculate when there are more than 1 item checked in a column to display accurately in my dashboard count. Example: My Strategic Initiative column has the ability to choose multiple SI's for 1 Proje…
    Accepted
    65 7
    Answered ✓ 65 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula required for "current revision" column
    Hello I have a drawing register that i would like to add a current revision column that understand the relevant column and displays the latest drawings version added. The current drawings revision will need to take the last entry from &qu…
    Accepted
    27 7
    Answered ✓ 27 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome