Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Seeking correct formula for "If greater than, but less than" statement.
    In Formulas and Functions
    If cell A is > 30, but < 61, then cell B is "31 - 60"    
    Accepted
    101885 10
    Accepted Answer 101.9K views 10 comments Most recent by Erik Johnson, PE
  • COUNTIF CHILD AND UNRESOLVED
    I have a sheet where we are tracking comments from various agencies.  Each agency lists their comments as children under a parent row of the agency name.  A separate checkbox column indicates whether the comment is resolved. I am trying t…
    2 1
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula for a group selection
    I want to count the number of items when their description contains a certain word.   Count if Description contains the word "grey".  There would be multiple descriptions with the word GREY in the column. Ex. Dark Grey, Grey Mis…
    4 1
    4 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Find and Replace to edit references
    Hi!    I am trying to edit the three cross-sheet references in all the columns from the master sheet of 2018 to master sheet of 2019. Since I need to repeat it for almost 1200 cells. Is there a way to bulk edit like Find and Replace or …
    347 1
    347 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Reference the value of an active cell?
    Is there a way to reference the value of an 'active cell value' in a formula or have a moving reference? The current example code and screenshot specifically call out the desired outcome by referencing each cell in a range.  Example:  Pr…
    56 5
    56 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • BUG?! - Inconsistent Date Format (US/UK)
    I have a regular gantt sheet with start date / end date, which shows up in UK format on the sheet as per my personal settings. However, when I link to that cell from a metadata sheet that I am using for dashboards the date shows up in US …
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
  • NETDAYS failure
    I cannot figure out why this formula doesn't work for me. I've tried a date instead of TODAY(), same results. Any help appreciated. Both columns are formatted for dates.
    218 4
    218 views 4 comments Most recent by KyleRL
  • SUMIF with two Ranges.??
    I want to create a cross-sheet formula and have two conditions for the formula to go through to result in a value.  If the value in column1 is 1 and column2 is VendorX then sum all values in column3 corresponding to the conditions.  I am…
    2313 3
    2.3K views 3 comments Most recent by Swathi.Chaturvedi
  • Using SUMIF with FIND criteria
    Hi I've searched the community and can't seem to find an answer for this one.   I have a column with project roles and the hours for each role required for individual tasks. I would like to summarize the total hours for each role Curre…
    154 6
    154 views 6 comments Most recent by Brian W
  • Sum formula with an IF statement
    I've got 4 rows of data (and there will eventually be more). I'm trying to add up one column (Duration (in quarter hour increments)) IF another column (Program Bug) shows NO check in the checkbox field. I put this formula together, but cl…
    3 2
    3 views 2 comments Most recent by Jennifer Levey