Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formulas and Newly Added Rows
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, Our case application requires a lot of movement of rows between sheets, and I am having an issue with Formulas not automatically applying to newly added rows which necessitates going into the sheets and manually clicking and dragging t…
    Answered - Pending Review
    42 4
    Answered - Pending Review 42 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Smartsheet if then not functioning
    What am I missing in this formula that is not populating a cell in a column based on cell in another column (same row)? =IF[Workstream]="Market Intelligence" THEN [Workstream Lead]="Charlie Brown" Thanks.
    31 3
    Answered - Pending Review 31 views 3 comments Most recent by Frank Falco
  • Percentage of certain type of hours submitted
    Hi, I'm looking to get a percentage of the total number of hours submitted for a certain category from a drop down list within a time frame. In column A is the date of the submission, column B is the category (e.g. Internal Meetings, HR, G…
    31 1
    Answered - Pending Review 31 views 1 comment Most recent by Frank Falco
  • IF Formula Help
    Hello, I am trying to write a formula that checks the box when a condition is met. In this case, when the Job Status is marked as As-Built Submitted I want the check box to automatically be marked. Please note the Job Status column is a d…
    Accepted
    22 5
    Answered ✓ 22 views 5 comments Most recent by Silvia Rangel
  • COUNTIF with HAS formula
    Hi, I'm trying to use a COUNTIF formula with a HAS criteria, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Would someone mind taking a look? I'm trying to count the number of times "Apples" shows up in the multi-select column, Range …
    Accepted
    645 2
    Answered ✓ 645 views 2 comments Most recent by jane.huynh90286
  • IF statement based on two cells
    Hi there, Having some problems nesting two IF statements. Here’s what I’d like to happen: IF date is present in Actual Invoice Date column, then display “SENT” in Invoice Status column. IF the checkbox the in PAID? Column is checked, then …
    Accepted
    14 6
    Answered ✓ 14 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Smartsheet if then not functioning
    What am I missing in this formula that is not populating a cell based on another celll? =IF[Workstream]="Market Intelligence" THEN [Workstream Lead]="Charlie Brown" Thanks.
    33 2
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 2 comments Most recent by Michael Figone
  • Trying to Sum a Column up based on amounts between dates
    I have a sheet that I need to arrive at a dollar value performed each month. This is my formula for Jan 2020 but it's coming back unparseable. I labelled the ranges that are being used from the master sheet. I can't see the error.....…
    Accepted
    3 3
    Answered ✓ 3 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How do I create a multiple IF statement?
    I'd like to create an IF statement with multiple questions to determine how close to the next level group. If less than 25, what is the number. If more than 25, 50 - #, etc. =IF([Sponsor Level total]@row <25, (25-[Sponsor Level total]@…
    Accepted
    11 4
    Answered ✓ 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Blank cell when no data is yet input with a vlookup
    I have a vlookup formula to calculate a return however, when there is no input yet, the cell is showing #no match, I would like it to be blank until the cell is used. I cannot remember what to end my formula with: =VLOOKUP(Stage11, ({2020 …
    255 3
    Answered - Pending Review 255 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome