Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formula for automating Health status of project
    In Formulas and Functions
    I have two formula questions.   1. I have Parent rows with a rollup formula created that takes the avg of the RYG balls of its childreen and creates a status =IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(CH…
    2682 2
    2.7K views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • TODAY() Function is Replacing Previous Date
    Hello,  I have a column in a production spreadsheet that I am utilizing to enter the date of which one of our production members completes an order. The columns are set up as follows - one column is an initials column where a production m…
    3 8
    3 views 8 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Calculating Weekend Days Between Dates
    Hi,  Looking for a way to calculate the number of weekend days between two dates. Many calculations use the total number of days and divide by 7, but this only gives you total weeks. For example, if a task starts on a Thursday and ends Mo…
    38 1
    38 views 1 comment Most recent by Sterling
  • Daily Average formula counting too many days...
    Hello,  I recently had pro desk help set up the following formula and it is counting more days then it should. I would love your help in solving this issue. Thanks Intended formula function: My smartsheet has date entries with totals. In…
    37 2
    37 views 2 comments Most recent by daniel68616
  • Help needed with formulas - paid work opportunity!
    Hi everyone, My colleague and I are new to SmartSheet and we are having some issues with a few formulas and we can't quite work out what has happened. We are offering paid work at an hourly rate for someone to join our team to help troub…
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Vlookup: Retrieve multiple responses
    Looking for a way for my Vlookup function to retrieve multiple responses from the table. I currently have it set to find the purchase order number associated with the work order, but sometimes there is more than one. Has anyone seen a way …
    15 4
    15 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Building sheets that talk to each other
    Hello, I have two sheets I would like to reference data to and from and I understand how to us the =VLookup option BUT what I cant seem to get it to work. I basically want one sheet that our shipping team updates to automatically update …
    445 3
    445 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike L.
  • RYG Ball Automation
    Hi there, I am trying to automate the 'Health' column on a sheet. I have it set up to turn RYG when a certain status is selected but I would also like it to turn Red if the Due Date or Due for Review is a past date and the status is still…
    86 3
    86 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Need help with formula to calculate end date with % complete.
    Hello, I need assistance with creating a formula to look at the end date and % complete columns. If the end date is nearing and the % complete is less than 100% the corresponding RYG should appear. The durations of each task varies from 1…
    30 9
    30 views 9 comments Most recent by Sterling
  • Return Multipe Cells
    Hi Smartsheet community,   I have the following columns: [Name] (text/number value) [Team] (drop down value) [Budget Milestone] (checkbox) [Program Milestone] (checkbox) [Project Milestone] (checkbox) Now I am unable to run a repor…
    199 8
    199 views 8 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday