Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• COUNTIF for dates equal to current month or current week
    In Formulas and Functions
    I'm attempting to create a metric that counts the number of installs in the current month (and also another for those in the current week). I have tried the following: =COUNTIF({Master Range 1}, =MONTH(TODAY())) =COUNTIF({Master Range 1},…
    Answered - Pending Review
    1876 11
    Answered - Pending Review 1.9K views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Help with Design/Nested Formulas
    So I need some help with my design or nested formulas..... I have a formula in a column (listed below) which is perfect, except that in a few instances there are exceptions, and I must add up several different $ amounts from a few CLINS on…
    Accepted
    44 13
    Answered ✓ 44 views 13 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • The dollar sign isn't showing up on my time tracking form
    I download a time tracking form from smartsheet, but however I have 2 issues. The table for some reason does not have the dollar sign attributed even though i'm using this formula =VLOOKUP(Activity1, $[Task Name]$5:$Activity$10, 2, false)…
    29 4
    Answered - Pending Review 29 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Creating a widget
    Hi, I need assistance in creating a widget for a dashboard. So basically I have got a sheet with close to 2000 rows and each of those rows have action owners, due dates, etc. I would like to create a widget that would show when the actions…
    196 24
    Answered - Pending Review 196 views 24 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • SUMIFS with criterion referencing 2 date cells
    Dear Forum, i would like a SUMIFS formula to be able to count hours in my timesheet on certain dates. All my hours and dates sit in one sheet, id like a second sheet to then count hours in certain dates. As i understand it, SUMIFS needs:…
    23 1
    Answered - Pending Review 23 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Combine "Specific People" and "Contact in a Cell" in the the same approval action
    When requesting an approval, I want to be able to send the decision to "contacts in a cell" and cc a "specific person". It appears I can only choose "Specific People" or "Contacts in a Cell" when det…
    Accepted
    101 2
    Answered ✓ 101 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • LIMITING DATE TO CHOOSE FROM
    May I know if its possible to only choose a date today and forward? like limiting what dates to choose in your column. And limit the dates like I can only choose the date today and two days after today?
    35 1
    Answered - Pending Review 35 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Status update based on start/end date
    Hello, I'm looking to accomplish the following and am hopeful that someone will be able to help support. Thank you in advance. Working with the following columns: Start Date End Date Sale Status Assignee QA Status Scenarios: If a sale…
    1036 7
    Answered - Pending Review 1K views 7 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Calendar Header
    Hello there, I am trying to create a calendar view that shows holidays for 4 different locations around the globe. I've populated the grid with all of the holidays for each location and they are showing just fine on the calendar. But i w…
    12 3
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • COUNTIFS with Cross-sheet references
    I'm trying to get a count of rows between two dates AND where we have the status as one of three choices. I've tried using the OR logic embedded in the COUNTIFS formula, but I couldn't get that working. Instead, I created a helper column n…
    53 1
    Answered - Pending Review 53 views 1 comment Most recent by [email protected]