Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Contact Lists and Formulas
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello! I am new to spreadsheet formulas so apologies for missing what could potentially be very simple. I am trying to write a formula that will auto select the right contact if a certain number is inputted into another column hence auto-a…
    Accepted
    934 2
    Answered ✓ 934 views 2 comments Most recent by Cassie Hart
  • COUNTIFS Formula "NOT" error
    I want to calculate something for a dashboard. My formula references our team's tracker sheet. I am looking to use COUNTIFS for Tasks that are a specific Request Type, not a grand parent row, and not in our Archive section. The first part …
    Accepted
    76 5
    Answered ✓ 76 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Extract a value if today is between start and end date
    Hi all, I've been trying to wrap my head around this and I have trouble trying to self serve to find an answer (or it's just user error on my end haha) I have a schedule with 3 main columns - the name, the start date and the end date. What…
    Accepted
    127 5
    Answered ✓ 127 views 5 comments Most recent by Ryan Nix
  • Need to sum numbers from a metric sheet to a rollup sheet for specific quarters/year
    Is it possible to use a formula to sum the total of a column that meet a criteria? I'm trying to create a rollup sheet (from the data sheet) based on year/quarter. So I'd like to be able to use a formula. I need this to look at the Year an…
    Accepted
    42 3
    Answered ✓ 42 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Date Range Comparison only for cells with the same value?
    Hello, can any one assist me with building a formula that will do flag a date range overlap for any cells that have the same resources allotted to them? I am basically trying to come up with a work around for not having admin rights nor th…
    Accepted
    109 4
    Answered ✓ 109 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Convert to a date from a text-field Month number
    Hello Smart(sheet) Friends I have a smartsheet to record safety audit results based on audits in different locations from various teams. To re-use the same schedule each year without having to update, the schedule is listed Jan1H (1st ha…
    Accepted
    483 3
    Answered ✓ 483 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Can OR function be used with cross-sheet references?
    I'm trying to use OR with SUMIFS in a cross-sheet calculation but it doesn't work. As an example the formula below yields a INVALID OPERATION error. =SUMIFS({TotalCost}, {Cost Center}, [Cost Center]@row, OR({Reason} = "Other", {…
    Accepted
    25 3
    Answered ✓ 25 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • View All Formulas Used in a Particular Smartsheet
    I would like to see a list of all the different formulas that are used--along with which cells are affected by these formulas--on a particular smartsheet. Is there somewhere I can view this?
    Answered - Pending Review
    14 1
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Is there a way to format individual text/characters within a cell?
    Are you able to format only certain text/characters with an individual cell, or does formatting apply to all the text/characters within a cell? If I cannot format only certain characters, this would be a great recommendation for an enhance…
    Accepted
    147 1
    Answered ✓ 147 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Notification on Formula or On Status
    It appears that it is not possible to send a notification based on a formula if the sheet has not been opened/saved. Is there a work around within Smartsheet? Is it possible to send a notification every day on any rows that have a particu…
    Accepted
    109 4
    Answered ✓ 109 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome