Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• RYG Automation using Drop Down lists
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi I've watched a few videos on RYG automation based on due dates but is anyone able to help with the IF function using categories from a drop down list instead? I.e. Looking at Recruitment Status: If someone chooses 'On Hold' from the …
    3 3
    3 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Sorting a sheet when opened
    Wondering if there is a way to sort rows of a sheet on open. Otherwise you have to set this up manually each time. If this is a smart sheet you would think it would be able to do this.
    16 4
    16 views 4 comments Most recent by Steve Moss
  • Combining AND with OR
    From a logical perspective, I'm trying to write a formula that says the following -  If the (Issue Type = 'BUG') AND the( Status = 1 of 5 possible values), then the cell value should be a red ball, otherwise, the cell value should be gree…
    2 3
    2 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Help with IF / Then, or something like it
    Hi Everyone, New to smartsheet and need some help.  I'm trying to calculate a date in the future, only when the manager approval column is Approved.  I've figured out the date formula, thanks to another discussion, but I'm unsure how to in…
    1 3
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Should I use a Report or a formula?
    I have users completing a form to update a source sheet I use for a Dashboard. Once the sourcesheet is updated I would like to show the latest update in realtime with having to update the dashboard manually. Is this possible? If so what wo…
    3 2
    3 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike L.
  • Cross-Sheet Formulas
    Hi! I am trying to reference another sheet in a SUMIF. But I get "#UNPARSEABLE"  I want to sum contribution $ in Column 2 if the vendor name is 9X. This info is in Sheet2. I am referencing it in Sheet1 Here is the formula : =SU…
    17 5
    17 views 5 comments Most recent by L_123
  • if and statement
    Hi, I am currently facing a situation were one entity has multiple ID and country.Hence formula for region should be based on first Entity and then on Country..i think If AND formula has help like we do in excel.   Can someone help me w…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Creating Dashboards
    I am new to creating dashboards in SS.  I have gone through the SS online tutorials and not finding the details I need.  I need to create reports using formulas and what I have tried I have not been successful. Does anyone have suggestions…
    36 3
    36 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • return fiscal quarter from auto generated date column
    Hi, this formula returns a blank - what is wrong? =IF(OR(MONTH([Created Date]9) = 8, MONTH([Created Date]9) = 9, MONTH([Created Date]9) = 10), "Q1FY " + YEAR([Created Date]9), IF(OR(MONTH([Created Date]9) = 11, MONTH([Created Da…
    134 14
    134 views 14 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Index and Match
    Hi , How to use Index and Match function in SS.Please advise with an example  
    8922 1
    8.9K views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome