Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• I save a column but it keep returning to previous change
    In Formulas and Functions
    I was trying some changes in my start date column, so i turned my auto numbering to manual date, then I'm trying to turn to auto numbering but it aways changes back to manual date. am I missing something? is it normal?
    Answered - Pending Review
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Using Emojis in Smartsheets
    We want to use icons that relate to our work. I have an IF formula that includes emojis. =IF(Classification4 = "BAGS", "🎒", IF(Classification4 = "SOCKS", "🧦", IF(Classification4 = "GLOVES"…
    771 3
    Answered - Pending Review 771 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Update invoice status using multiple IF statements
    Hi there! I have the following columns: Actual Invoice Date, Due Date, Invoice Status and, Days Past Due. First, I'd like to have the Invoice Status display SENT if there is a date present the Invoice Date column and then have it display P…
    Accepted
    24 4
    Answered ✓ 24 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Placeholders | Still batching Emails
    Hi team, I'm using Placeholders in a workflow to generate individual emails for an update request. Although the same individual received the update, they will forward as needed, so I need to ensure each update request for the day doesn't …
    266 11
    266 views 11 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Use Modified Date to show when the last time a sheet was edited.
    I would like to enter a formula into Sheet Summary that will show the last time a sheet was edited by a specific person. That person is identified on every row in an "Assigned To" column. I have both the Modified and Modified By …
    101 1
    Answered - Pending Review 101 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How do I get a formula to copy down the colunm automatically?
    How do I get a formula to copy down the colunm automatically?
    51 1
    Answered - Pending Review 51 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • I cant get the TODAY function to work in this script.
    =COUNTIFS({Quality Inspection System (Failures) Range 2}, "01-05204", {Date}, >=TODAY(-90), {Date}, <TODAY()) I am new to writing scripts and am kind of stumbling about. I have used the TODAY function once on another sheet …
    Accepted
    41 7
    Answered ✓ 41 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Dashboard Metrix Widget - Modified Date Column For Multiple Updates
    Hello, Creating a dashboard with one source sheet and want to show the latest date when any row is modified in the sheet. Easy to select just one cell to represent this with the metric widget. However I need a formula that will pull th…
    Accepted
    22 2
    Answered ✓ 22 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Please help me troubleshoot my SUMIF Formula
    Hello, I am trying to run a SUMIF formula off of a different Smartsheet using the person in the contact lists formula. I've created the SUMIF Formula below, but it is not totaling the FTE column (Range 4). If someone could please advise, …
    13 2
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • combine formulas (check flag based on date, OR if checkbox is checked)
    =IF(Status6 = "Open", IF([Due Date]6 <= TODAY(2), 1, 0), (IF([Send to High Risk Report Now]6 = 1, 1, 0))) I have this formula that each IF function works on its own, but i can't seem to get them to work together. Objective: C…
    Accepted
    230 12
    Answered ✓ 230 views 12 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome