Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Automatic ticket numbering by location
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello. I worked with someone on a previous discussion, but for some reason cannot locate it now. I have one data base file with the work orders from many different community locations. I wanted a solution for the Work Order Number to be a …
    Accepted
    44 11
    Answered ✓ 44 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Average If Certain Criteria is Met
    Hello, I'm trying to calculate the average number of days but only for columns that meet the criteria.  I have a formula that is calculating the networkdays between two dates. This column is called Implementation Time (Days) - BD. I am no…
    Accepted
    3127 18
    Answered ✓ 3.1K views 18 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Formula to average a range in another sheet corresponding to cells that contain parts of text
    I can't seem to beat this formula. I've tried COUNTIF, COLLECT, CONTAINS, and when I'm not getting an error I'm getting 0. I want to see the average of successful deliveries below for all Up to Date emails in Q1. In the sheet I'm working w…
    Accepted
    89 3
    Answered ✓ 89 views 3 comments Most recent by L_123
  • Calculating Average Work Days with Stipulations
    Hello, I'm trying to calculate average work days that each command takes to return a request. However, it has to meet several other stipulations. -"Type of Request" has to include "FOIA" (drop-down column multi-select) …
    Answered - Pending Review
    84 5
    Answered - Pending Review 84 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Automation with Time selection
    Is there a way to allow a user without access to the smartsheet to select a time and date? We use the automation to send emails out to contractors so that they can give us a work start date. However, we also want to know the exact time of…
    Accepted
    23 3
    Answered ✓ 23 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Currency Conversion USD to CAD
    Hello I am currently using both currencies in my sheet. I created a column drop down, need help with a formula. If I select USD from that column, the amount should be converted to CAD if I select CAD from that drop down column then the am…
    Accepted
    143 2
    Answered ✓ 143 views 2 comments Most recent by PRITIKA SAINI
  • Is there a way to Force a Date or Time?
    I am trying to have some date fields auto-populate based on some restrictions. Date Columns 2, 3 and 4 would be dependent on Date column 1. For example: An Inspection must always occur at least 2 days after Work Start. If I enter Work Star…
    47 5
    Answered - Pending Review 47 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How do I calculate a Group Average for the Most Recent Date?
    I have assessment scores for individuals within different groups (Male or Female). The assessments are taken over time as a sort of "pulse check." Now, I want to be able show a group average (average for all Males and average for…
    Accepted
    71 3
    Answered ✓ 71 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • At Risk with % Complete & Dates Formula
    Oh formulas. . . I feel like I am close, but could use some help. I would like the 'risk' flag to be marked if the data meets the following criteria: % complete is equal to or less than 50% AND The date is within 3 days; Today; or is in t…
    Accepted
    54 3
    Answered ✓ 54 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • In URL do you have a special symbole for *
    for exemple In my sheet i would like in my reponse here corresponding with me cell client rfi # info
    21 1
    Answered - Pending Review 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.