Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• #NOMATCH multiple function
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello, I actually have some #NOMATCH problem, that I can't explain because it work different cells of my sheet that have same parameters. My formula is : =IF(ISBOOLEAN(VLOOKUP([N° CONTAINER]1; {LDS Container Dashboard plage 2}; 21)) = 1; 1…
    31 7
    31 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • IF(INDEX(MATCH Function - For Resource Tracking
    Hello, I have an Procurement Engagement Form (PEF) and a Resource Tracker. I'm trying to pull the Contract End Date into the Resource Tracker using the Function below. Its working perfectly in Excel, although unfortunately I'm struggling…
    Accepted
    21 6
    Answered ✓ 21 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Counting Unique Employees
    Hi All I collect data from the staff in the following form: || Date || Employee Name || Task || Units Done || Time Taken || I want to write a formula that answers the following question: How many unique employees worked on "Tas…
    Accepted
    263 5
    Answered ✓ 263 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Parent RYB Status Ball - Changing color based on child status RYB ball
    Hello, Another request for information! I have a parent status ball that I would like to change color based on the 2 deadline status balls and the dominant completion ball (i.e. row 1 & row 2 - then row 3 being the dominant ball). The…
    Answered - Pending Review
    97 11
    Answered - Pending Review 97 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • RYG formula based on start/end date columns
    Hello, I'm looking to accomplish the following and am hopeful that someone will be able to help support. Thank you in advance. I have a Live, Start Date and End Date column. What I am proposing to accomplish: Live = Red, if the Start Date/…
    42 5
    Answered - Pending Review 42 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Limiting chart limit to a value
    Hi, I have created a chart widget in Smartsheet dashboard and I would like the horizontal axis to go up to the value of 100 only and not 120. Is there any way to bring it to 100? Please see attached images of the chart and the data that t…
    Accepted
    150 1
    Answered ✓ 150 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • JOIN COLLECT formula
    Hello, I could use assistance building a JOIN COLLECT formula, I think. Here is what I'm trying to do. Using the formula =JOIN(COLLECT(rangecriterion_range1criterion1[criterion_range2​criterion2​...]) , I don't understand what I'm colle…
    3234 4
    Answered - Pending Review 3.2K views 4 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Flag column based on date & other criteria
    I'm trying to figure out how to set up an alert to automatically notify someone if the entry row hasn't met criteria (checkbox) within 5 days. I was thinking about creating a flag column that kicks off an email alert but I can't figure out…
    Accepted
    35 3
    Answered ✓ 35 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • When creating a work flow how to I get the alert to trigger based on a if a value "greater than" a c
    When creating a work flow, how to I get the alert to trigger based on a if a value "greater than" a certain amount of time?
    Accepted
    36 3
    Answered ✓ 36 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula to auto calculate time difference in hours between two 24hr format times?
    I'm looking for a formula to help me calculate the length of hours an individual has worked. Employees enter their "Haul Start Time" and "Haul End Time" manually by picking from a drop down list of times in 24hr format.…
    Accepted
    1883 7
    Answered ✓ 1.9K views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå