Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• When creating a work flow how to I get the alert to trigger based on a if a value "greater than" a c
    In Formulas and Functions
    When creating a work flow, how to I get the alert to trigger based on a if a value "greater than" a certain amount of time?
    Accepted
    36 3
    Answered ✓ 36 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula to auto calculate time difference in hours between two 24hr format times?
    I'm looking for a formula to help me calculate the length of hours an individual has worked. Employees enter their "Haul Start Time" and "Haul End Time" manually by picking from a drop down list of times in 24hr format.…
    Accepted
    1883 7
    Answered ✓ 1.9K views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • CountIF with dynamic criterion
    Hi i'm trying to count the number of rows in a Smartsheet where the name in the "Engineer" column is the same name in the "Approved By" column I can get it to work by looking at a single row =IF(Engineer4 = [Approved By…
    Accepted
    12 2
    Answered ✓ 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Stewart Ennew
  • SUM totals of VLOOKUP
    Looking for help on a formula. I need the Forecast Adjustment column on (A) to add all amounts pulling (B). These should total $13,416.67, however, it it showing as $5,416.67. Please help! How do I change the formula to sum the VLOOKUPS? …
    Accepted
    43 3
    Answered ✓ 43 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Help with an IF/AND/OR formula
    Hello, I am trying to write a formula to return today's date when all of the following are met: Column 1 is not blank Column 2 is not blank Column 3 is either Kangaroo or Platypus If any of these is untrue, then I would like the cell to…
    Accepted
    33 3
    Answered ✓ 33 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Nest if/or formula
    Hi Community, I need your help... I'm trying to create a formula that captures "No Action Taken". The individual IF Statements are as follows: If [Flu Vaccination Date] is "Blank" OR If [Flu Vaccination Date] is "…
    Answered - Pending Review
    22 1
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • SUMIFS formula question
    I’m working on a SUMIFS formula to add/sum numbers in 2 or more separate cells based on a checkbox input in 2 or more other cells. I’m able to do so only if the number columns and the checkbox columns are next to another. Is there a way …
    31 4
    31 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Launch manual refresment of all linked sheet and cells
    Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to launch the smartsheet refreshment. I explain: I made many sheets with many cells linked together with formulas like Vlook up. When I change the searching criteria (for example a name include in…
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Countifs project status is neither complete nor cancelled
    I'm new to this, and I'm having issues with counting the number of projects where Project Type = X and Project Status does Not equal Complete or Cancelled. I'm fumbling my way through unsuccessfully. This will go on a dashboard where I hav…
    321 7
    321 views 7 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Using COUNTIF to determine dept. but excluding projects that are HOLD Status
    I can't figure out how to do this formula and I've been searching for it in community. I've tried the following: =COUNTIFS(Portfolio Rollups Range 1, "Corp IT",AND({Portfolio Rollups Range 8},="In Progress",{Portfolio …
    44 2
    Answered - Pending Review 44 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.