Formulas and Functions

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Formulas and Functions

Discussion List

• Bobby Thomas
    Bobby Thomas 13 views 2 comments Most recent by Robert S.
    First post 01/10/18,Last post 01/19/18
    Trying to write my first sumif equation and having a little trouble. Column Headers: Fabricator and Line Total If Fabricator: American* then sum Line total Here's my "formula" =SUMIF(Fabricator2:Fabricator40, =American*, [Lin…
    Formulas and Functions132
    Bobby Thomas
  • swhitfield
    swhitfield 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Robert S.
    First post 01/16/18,Last post 01/19/18
    I am trying to give a percentage based on how 2 columns read.    Column PassFailA and Column PassFailB.   If both show Pass 100%, If A is Pass  B is Fail  or Vise Versa 50% and if both Fail 25% 
    Formulas and Functions121
    swhitfield
  • Michele Deo
    Michele Deo 45 views 3 comments Most recent by rjudenberg
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/19/18
    For my projects I track Estimated/Actual Start and Estimate/Adjusted/Actual End dates.  I need to have a status flag indicate yellow if the Adjusted date is slipping past the estimated end date, and then when the end date is adjusted and j…
    Formulas and Functions453
    Michele Deo
  • Michele Deo
    Michele Deo 14 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/19/18
    The checklist type smart sheet will be setup with columns called Vendor, Type, Doc 1, Doc 2, Doc3.  What I want to do, is depending on the type selected for a particular vendor, the doc columns will grey out for those doc types needed for …
    Formulas and Functions141
    Michele Deo
  • jagrant35081
    jagrant35081 32 views 2 comments Most recent by jagrant35081
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/18/18
    Hi community! I have several columns of numbers that I want to add up in different ways.  Next to these are two checkbox columns.  I want to add up each column individually if both checkboxes are checked.   So in the example I have a se…
    Formulas and Functions322
    jagrant35081
  • BenHolliday
    BenHolliday 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/18/18,Last post 01/18/18
    I want to create a formula in a cell that subtracts a certain number of days from another cell that is linked to another persons Smartsheet.  How would I do that?  My efforts have failed.
    Formulas and Functions131
    BenHolliday
  • louisebarren
    louisebarren 30 views 2 comments Most recent by louisebarren
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/17/18
    Hi there, I'm trying to count the number of projects according to their traffic light status across about 7 sheets. Given I want to display this in Sights as a Metric, I can't use a report so I have a sheet linking to the summary informat…
    Formulas and Functions302
    louisebarren
  • Consy Coffee
    Consy Coffee 251 views 9 comments Most recent by davidnguyen
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/17/18
    Hello I am trying to get a checkbox to automatical put a checkmark in it when a certain status (done) is written but I cannot get it in the conditional formating. Also trying to get the rule the other way as well so that if checkbox is che…
    Formulas and Functions2519
    Consy Coffee
  • Bieksha
    First post 01/15/18,Last post 01/16/18
    Hi, everyday I'm working with lot data, there is many of columns and even more of rows. And there is no specific function for finding text when several criteria should be used. For finding exact value we can use index and match function.…
    Formulas and Functions342
    Bieksha
  • joe.opyd34361
    joe.opyd34361 20 views 1 comment Most recent by Robert S.
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/16/18
    Is there a way to convert a column reference to a number like you can in excel?  My problem is I'm to trying to input an equation that is a simple sum equation referenced to an input cell "x".  Whatever number is put in for "…
    Formulas and Functions201
    joe.opyd34361
  • swhitfield
    swhitfield 11 views 3 comments Most recent by rjudenberg
    First post 01/16/18,Last post 01/16/18
    I am trying to give a percentage based on how 2 columns read.    Column PassFailA and Column PassFailB.   If both show Pass 100%, If A is Pass  B is Fail  or Vise Versa 50% and if both Fail 25%    I think this will work, but will take an…
    Formulas and Functions113
    swhitfield
  • RRABruce
    RRABruce 45 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
    First post 01/15/18,Last post 01/16/18
    We're a property management company with a construction arm. Our construction is basic and requires us simply to track Owner/Address/Date of approval/Job number (which we create)/Contractor's Bid/Change orders/Payments to Contractor/Balan…
    Formulas and Functions452
    RRABruce
  • Kimberley Smith
    First post 01/12/18,Last post 01/15/18
    Hello there!  I'm a relatively new Smartsheet user and I've got an issue with a formula that I could really use your help with.  Here's the formula: IF(AND(OR([Initial Draft Due or Task Start]12 < TODAY(), [Requested Edits Due]12 < …
    Formulas and Functions304
    Kimberley Smith
  • sshweky
    sshweky 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/12/18,Last post 01/15/18
    Does anyone have a way to figure out pallet configurations in smartsheet given the case specs?
    sshweky
  • jtallman
    jtallman 17 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/13/18,Last post 01/15/18
    I have two sheets that I want to share information across. Sheet1 contains hundreds of part number records and standard data fields required for each part number. Sheet2 contains essentially a task list of needs to be addressed each of t…
    Formulas and Functions171
    jtallman
  • Daniel Sova
    Daniel Sova 244 views 2 comments Most recent by Robert S.
    First post 01/04/18,Last post 01/12/18
    Hi everyone. New to smartsheets and im having issues with my formula. Works fine on google sheets but dont know how to get it working on smartsheet. Please see an example: ="https://form.jotform.co/TechForceAdmin/job-closure-form-ll-…
    Formulas and Functions2442
    Daniel Sova
  • aelmore
    aelmore 55 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/11/18,Last post 01/11/18
    Hi!   Is there a way to do a formula calculating a date plus x no. of business days. For example, I need 7 business days from the time something was approved. Right now I have =[APPROVEDDATE]1-7. But this is giving me the date 7 calendar…
    Formulas and Functions551
    aelmore
  • Darcie Wilson
    Darcie Wilson 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/09/18,Last post 01/11/18
    Please see attached screenshot In a separate field (that I haven’t yet created), I would want to know the % availability (based on 40hr work week) of each assigned resource based on each active request status.   (Image)
    Darcie Wilson
  • Sherrie Love
    Sherrie Love 21 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
    First post 01/10/18,Last post 01/10/18
    Hi I'm trying to get a formula that returns the following grades. High Distinction (HD) 85-100 Distinction (D) 75-84 Credit (C) 65-74 Pass (P) 50-64 Fail (F) <50 I've tried this a few different ways but keep getting the #UNPARSEAB…
    Formulas and Functions214
    Sherrie Love
  • mrico
    mrico 82 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/06/18,Last post 01/08/18
    Hi, I found 2 templates on smartsheets for time off, but neither work, and I have attempted to customize to my needs and I am not able to figure it out. First I want a form that employees can submit their leave, Second create a workflow …
    Formulas and Functions821
    mrico
  • Ashley Turrell
    Ashley Turrell 144 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
    First post 01/02/18,Last post 01/03/18
    I am working to create a Kanban Sheet and Cardview for continuous projects that we do in our office. We have the same subtasks associated with each client through 3 various phases. Is there a way that when I add a new client or Primary/Par…
    Formulas and Functions1441
    Ashley Turrell
  • Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C 1 view 0 comments Started by Gwyneth C
    First post 07/25/17,Last post 07/25/17
    This discussion has been moved.
    Formulas and Functions10
    Gwyneth C