Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Nested SUMIF+cross sheet formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am struggling with a formula.  I have two sheets. One is a list of proposals, the other is a material forecast roll-up.  I am trying to build a formula that will sum up the square feet noted for a particular product within a certain mo…
    44 1
    44 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • COUNTIFS for Projects Completed Within Past 90 Days
    For some reason I can't get this formula to work. I get 0 every time. Using a filter, I can see that number is incorrect. I want to count how many "Course" projects, per organization have hit complete in the past 90 days.   =CO…
    119 2
    119 views 2 comments Most recent by andyb
  • Range name
    Hi everyone, I have a question about the range name and description. When I use formula with another sheet it calls automatically like {range Count}. Later, when I try to find out, which sheet data is being used in the formula, I can't …
    1721 4
    1.7K views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • If cell is empty or blank,
    Hi,  I have currently formulated the following formula, =IF([Days (Difference Forecast - Baseline)]1 <= 5, "Green", IF(AND([Days (Difference Forecast - Baseline)]1 > 5, [Days (Difference Forecast - Baseline)]1 <= 10), …
    3619 9
    3.6K views 9 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Product Selection using Contacts
    Hi Just thinking aloud... is there any reason why I couldn't import my product inventory into 'contacts' and use the 'contacts' feature as 'products' and be able to select multiple products in one cell on a row? And then do counts of prod…
    3 3
    3 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Data Matrix for dashboard - cross sheet formulas
    I have created extensive data matrix's to calculate # of Jobs and dollar amount for individuals in our company to track capacity. However, as our sheets get larger, the formulas wont calculate. I receive an error message reading: "So…
    373 3
    373 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Multiply across columns, then sum children
    I would like to use the sum children formula, however the calculation includes other columns before it can sum.  The month column contains number of units, while the cost of each unit is in another column.  The sum for the month = #units …
    183 views 3 comments Most recent by L_123
  • Checking if a cell has absolutely nothing in it
    I have a sheet where I have needed to suppress any errors with ISERROR function. The formulas are showing blank now because division by zero errors are suppressed. The formulas will show data when data is entered in other cells. The issue …
    149 2
    149 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How t set a default value to Symbol column
    Hello! I have a symbol column with 3 options representing payment status, (Yes, No, Hold). By default it should be "Hold" until the user choses if the payment was accepted or rejected, so what I would like is that whenever a ne…
    151 4
    151 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Countifs with multiple variables
    I am trying to automate a tally of which SME's have worked an event with which countries. Ultimately,  I created a column that lists the countries that participated in the particular event (ideally I would like to keep multiple countries i…
    17 3
    17 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome