Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Showing the start/end date in a project plan in multiple time zones
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, I am developing a project plan for a global team. I have built a project plan that shows the start and end times in PST but other team members would like to see when a task is going to be triggered in their local time zone. In MS Pr…
    Accepted
    330 2
    Answered ✓ 330 views 2 comments Most recent by Jeff Reisman
  • Cross-Sheet COUNTIFS help
    This discussion was created from comments split from: COUNTIFS Referencing Other Sheets.
    Answered - Pending Review
    22 2
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 2 comments Most recent by Alejandra
  • Counts of values in a multi-select column
    I'm trying to count the number of values in column that allows for multi-select. In this case, column is Contract Type - and the request can involve multiple contract types...I'd like to be able to count/total individual the types of cont…
    Accepted
    182 4
    Answered ✓ 182 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Issue Rolling from 2019 to 2020 with Duration Function Formula to Determine Overall Status
    We are using the following formula in a project sheet: (TODAY()-StartLine#)/DURATIONLine# Example Schedule Activity Setup: Task Name - Start Date - Finish Date - %Complete - Status - Duration - Calc In the Calc column, is the above formula…
    22 1
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 1 comment Most recent by Eric M Oliveira
  • =AVG function
    I'm trying to get an average sales total for 2020. We are only on week 7 but it counts ALL 52 and averages it out. How can I get the function to work so it only averages the current week and prior weeks?
    Accepted
    67 2
    Answered ✓ 67 views 2 comments Most recent by ginamt3
  • Combining a Symbol & Number
    Hello, I have a column that calculates Q/Q growth and displays it as a percent. The next column shows that as a symbol based on an if statement. For example, Q/Q growth is -61%, then the down arrow is displayed. I'm building a dashboard, w…
    249 1
    Answered - Pending Review 249 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris Mondeau
  • Week number @row function
    Is there a more efficient way I could write this formula? I'm looking for the week number and I physically have to go in and change it for each cell. I would like so I can just copy down the formula. Also, a more efficient way to report d…
    Accepted
    206 5
    Answered ✓ 206 views 5 comments Most recent by ginamt3
  • how many days task took per specific month?
    Hello, Maybe someone could help with formula preparation. Example: I have a task that lasts for several months (06.02.2020- 18.04.2020). How to calculate a numbers how many days task took per specific month (separately for FEB, MAR, APR)?…
    26 2
    Answered - Pending Review 26 views 2 comments Most recent by Dainius
  • SUM function not working on cells with formula
    Hi, I faced an issue with the SUM function, since it seems to not work on a column in which the cells contain a formula to return a number. The cells that i want to SUM contain (JOIN(COLLECT)) formulas that pull data from another sheet. Wh…
    Accepted
    755 3
    Answered ✓ 755 views 3 comments Most recent by Dora Berky
  • Parent/child formula working/not working depending on position in hierarchy
    Ugh! I have 3 drop-down menu columns to indicate pass/fail/untested, in a QA testing sheet. Via rows with parent-child hierarchy, the sheet is further divided up into test months, weeks, cases, and sub-cases. Toward the goal of ultimatel…
    Accepted
    424 8
    Answered ✓ 424 views 8 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå