Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Using "@row" reference with ";" as the separator
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi the community!   I am using Smartsheet with French settings, meaning : * the decimal separator (for numeric values) is "," * the separator in formulas is ";"   When I use the "@row" reference in a form…
    52 1
    52 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Trying to get fancy with formulas - RYG with "AND" conditions
    I'm trying to get a formula that will do the following: Give me a RYG result in a column, by looking at whether a project item has gotten close to the due date, compared to what the status is on that item. I want it to give a Red result …
    11 4
    11 views 4 comments Most recent by Digital_Kru
  • Sigma Level Formula
    Good afternoon, Wondering if anybody knows how to enter the following formula that we use in Excel: =NORMSINV(1-(total defects / total opportunities))+1.5 into Smartsheet, we use it to calculate Sigma Levels. Thanks!
    175 1
    175 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Sum column from form submissions
    I have users inputting data using a form. The data comes into my sheet at the top. At the bottom of my sheet I have a cell that is summing the numbers in a column called "Sales Amount". Each time a new record is added at the top …
    205 1
    205 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formula Question
    Good Morning. I am attempting to create a forumula which references another sheet; however, I continue to receive error messages or it doesn't calculate correctly.  Below is the outline of what I am looking to accomplish.  Let me know if …
    11 7
    11 views 7 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formulas...CountIfs I believe
    In process of creating a formula and I can't seem to get it to work correctly.  Any feedback is welcome. I have two columns.  Both are drop downs.   Column Program:  A, B, C Column Status:  A, B, C, D, E Would like to create a formula …
    41 5
    41 views 5 comments Most recent by clifka
  • Check if a row is parent and starts with "abcde"
    Hi, Please can someone help with a formula to find if a row is parent and at the same time has a text that starts with "abcde".
    48 2
    48 views 2 comments Most recent by Meenakshi Sundaram S
  • Help with fuzzy match formula
    I have no idea how the program thinks that the number 2 even approximately resembles the word "Sparks Corp". I want to use fuzzy math to find the closest vendor name to the one that is typed in, and was hoping to use the approxim…
    137 3
    137 views 3 comments Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Counting Projects that are 1 Week or More Behind Schedule
    Hi Everyone, I got a great formula from Customer Success that I thought I would share.  I wanted a way to know if a project was at least 1 week or more behind schedule.  This is what Customer Success gave me: =COUNTIFS(Finish:Finish, TOD…
    14 4
    14 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • IF statement formula needing help
    I'm needing help completing a formula. The formula that is needed will look specific data in column "A" then specific data in column "B" with the result of these to coming from a different little grid. I've got the 1st…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Kelli Lenz