Formulas and Functions

Let the community help you with that tricky formula or function! See how others are utilizing the power of formulas and functions to save them time and create more powerful solutions with Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Using SUMIF Formula Help
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hey everyone! I just started using Smartsheet and so far am blown away by everything! At the moment, I'm trying to use the SUMIF formula to calculate a total cost but only if the number being used is below 0. For example, If Column A is a…
    83 2
    83 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formula that will automatically add $25 to the cell
    tracking installations of certain units. When unit install gets cancelled checkbox for "unit cancellation" is checked. What would the formula be that when the cancellation box gets checked it would automatically fill in $25 into …
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Date
    Hi! I have a tricky formula I'm trying to calculate, but with no success so far...    I have to different sheets that I'm looking on.  Sheet1: Planning and monitoring sheet Sheet2: Work reports The formula challenge: In Sheet2 our…
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Sum rows if shared value in another column?
    Hi,  I'm trying to summarize hours worked on each project for each month. My list of projects changes regularly with some coming in and some going out. Data is collected weekly so there will be multiple entries for each project. My though…
    122 1
    122 views 1 comment Most recent by Stefan 7k
  • Formula for automating Health status of project
    I have two formula questions.   1. I have Parent rows with a rollup formula created that takes the avg of the RYG balls of its childreen and creates a status =IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Red") > 0, "Red", IF(COUNTIF(CH…
    1974 2
    2K views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • TODAY() Function is Replacing Previous Date
    Hello,  I have a column in a production spreadsheet that I am utilizing to enter the date of which one of our production members completes an order. The columns are set up as follows - one column is an initials column where a production m…
    2 8
    2 views 8 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Calculating Weekend Days Between Dates
    Hi,  Looking for a way to calculate the number of weekend days between two dates. Many calculations use the total number of days and divide by 7, but this only gives you total weeks. For example, if a task starts on a Thursday and ends Mo…
    31 1
    31 views 1 comment Most recent by Sterling
  • Daily Average formula counting too many days...
    Hello,  I recently had pro desk help set up the following formula and it is counting more days then it should. I would love your help in solving this issue. Thanks Intended formula function: My smartsheet has date entries with totals. In…
    31 2
    31 views 2 comments Most recent by daniel68616
  • Help needed with formulas - paid work opportunity!
    Hi everyone, My colleague and I are new to SmartSheet and we are having some issues with a few formulas and we can't quite work out what has happened. We are offering paid work at an hourly rate for someone to join our team to help troub…
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Vlookup: Retrieve multiple responses
    Looking for a way for my Vlookup function to retrieve multiple responses from the table. I currently have it set to find the purchase order number associated with the work order, but sometimes there is more than one. Has anyone seen a way …
    12 4
    12 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome