Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formlua Help
    In Formulas and Functions
    I need some help with creating a formula in smartsheet that works in excel. I'm created a formula in excel that split apart the employees year and month of employment. When I import it into smartsheet I get an error and not sure how to fix…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • If Checkbox is not needed, show blank
    Hello Smartsheet Gurus, I have a spreadsheet that has a few columns as checkboxes, but when the checkbox is not needed, I want the cell to show nothing.  Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Arryn 
    1 5
    1 view 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula to Flag or Not Flag
    Goal:      Flag when the due date is in the next 7 days                No flag when the due date is BLANK or more than 7 days in the future   Two formulas that seem to work separately:  =IF(Due Date2 <= (TODAY() + 7), 1, 0)         …
    3314 6
    3.3K views 6 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Create a Formula that compares Dates in 2 Columns and Counts a Total
    Hi all, I am trying to write a COUNTIFS formula that compares multiple criteria.  I need to Count all items in a column that have a status of "Completed" (column A), IF the items also have an Actual End Date within 2019 (column…
    69 9
    69 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • IF / THEN Formula help
    Hello, Im quite new to Smartsheets and was hoping for some code assistance. What i am trying to do is as follows: 1)  Search a column (column1) in another sheet for a value, say 5. 2)  When it finds that value, count how many checkbox'…
    4 2
    4 views 2 comments Most recent by AndrewWalter
  • IF/AND Formula
    I am trying to create a formula to track invoices that are completed under 30 days.  If the number in the "Invoice Duration" is less than 30 I'd like the next column "<30 Days" to populate with "Yes"  If …
    4 4
    4 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Calculating time
    Hello   Does anyone know if there is a way to calculate Time in smartsheet without using a 3rd party program?   Thank you.
    72 3
    72 views 3 comments Most recent by Laura
  • SUMIFS criteria headache
    Hello all,  Typically, building a formula through Smartsheet doesn't give me any issues but the SUMIFS formula specifically within Smartsheet is making me pull my hair out.  I have 3 columns that I need to use in the formula.  -Job Code…
    11 6
    11 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula -weighted for specific criteria
    I have a complicated request. I want to create a formula that will provide a % when a row is designated as a "critical path" item. See screenshot. As a box is checked in the column for each cabin name, I want to get the % to upda…
    64 14
    64 views 14 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Vlookup + sum in a column
    I am creating a template for keeping track of employee's leave. Column "Accumulated Leave" has the vlookup function to return the "leave days" taken by employees. the formula I have is as below: =VLOOKUP([Employee Name…
    1691 3
    1.7K views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome