Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Finding duplicates in a column with multiple product #'s
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, Is there a way to find duplicates when a column may contain multiple product numbers which are comma separated?  I was able to get the below formula to flag red when only one event number is duplicated in a one to one ratio, and also …
    74 2
    74 views 2 comments Most recent by Jamie Null
  • Looking for Smartsheet Consulting Expertise - Charlotte NC or Atlanta GA
    We are looking for a Smartsheet freelancer that can help develop additional reports and dashboards. Prefer local to Charlotte NC but open to telecommuting.  
    23 3
    23 views 3 comments Most recent by Erik Beltran
  • Risk Assessment formula conversion from excel to smartsheet
    I'm trying to convert an excel formula to use in smartsheet without much success.  The excel formula is: =IFERROR(MATCH($F4,'Lookup Table'!$B$3:$B$7,0)*MATCH($G4,'Lookup Table'!$B$3:$B$7,0),"") In short, I need the 'Risk Matri…
    445 5
    445 views 5 comments Most recent by Tribeiro
  • Date cell is not calculating correctly
    I have a sheet where I want to add 30-days to another cell that is a date.  I am using the formula:  =(original date cell) + 30  Example:  The original cell has a date of 3/19/19.  I should get 4/18/19.  However, I'm getting 3/19/1930. …
    175 8
    175 views 8 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula RYG automation with using Complete% and rest of date by end date.
    hi I'm trying to create Formula. It's almost completed. However, one last  rule doesn't work. Can someone suggest to modify my formula? Currently the following conditions and formula is working fine.   -  If Complete% is 100% = Green …
    2 5
    2 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Date ranges and symbols
    I am looking for a formula to automatically change a symbol colour based on contract expiry dates. Here is what I need each symbol to signify about the expiry date column - Green dot = If the contract expiry date is greater than 365 days …
    302 5
    302 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formulas and Calculations
    Duh!! I figured it out.  It was simple.    Dennis
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Hotkey - Ctrl "R"
    Hello Smartsheets Community, I am aware the developers tried to mimic Excel's functionality as much as they were able to, but a fundamental hotkey I use in Excel is "Ctrl" + "R", which allows you to copy any cell to th…
    110 5
    110 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Help with #Invalid Data Type Error
    I have a RYGB column (Color Status) that has a formula =IF(AND([email protected] = 1, [Parent Check]@row = 1), "Blue", IF(ISNUMBER([Days Open]@row), IF([Days Open]@row >= 240, "Red", IF(AND([Days Open]@row > 119, [Days Ope…
    87 7
    87 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formulas and Calculations
    O.K.  I have now inserted my formula to calculate a number of miles driven for a given trip.  But now I want to copy the formula to the entire column. Right now the formula is just in row 1 of my SS and I know that I can grab the corner of…
    49 2
    49 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday