Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• How to build bar graph of submissions by user
    In Formulas and Functions
    We are using Smartsheet to build a Change Management process for our IT department. The way it currently works is we have a form that users fill out containing all the details of their change request, which are recording to a spreadsheet.…
    Answered - Pending Review
    33 4
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Summing Data From Another Sheet
    I have a resource tracker that is set up to sum hours by resource using the =SUM(CHILDREN()) Function. I also need to be able to sum hours by Project Code (Column 4), and Classification (Column 8) by Month. Can someone advise on the best…
    689 4
    Answered - Pending Review 689 views 4 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • Formulas for flags
    I need some help with formulas - cell names are in brackets. If [HRSS Sends Request for Personal Info] has a date, AND [Credentialing Initiated HRSS] is blank after 7 days, flag If [Credentialing Initiated HRSS] has a date, AND [App Comple…
    32 5
    Answered - Pending Review 32 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Skip blank cells with YEAR function
    I’m endeavoring a roll up sheet that will provide sum totals from a single row on a separate Planning Request sheet. If the source sheet has all cells filled out, the formula seems to work fine: =SUMIFS({Planning Request Range 2}, {Plannin…
    Accepted
    39 3
    Answered ✓ 39 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • COUNTIFS
    Trying to count how many cells that correspond to a specific region that are "Proposal", or "Committed", or "Executing". Trying to learn from my use of SUMIFS for this, but the following gives me #INCORRECT …
    33 3
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • IF Statement to return a Flag Symbol
    Hello! I've got an IF Statement created to leave the at risk flag blank if the "done" box is checked, and make the flag red if the due date is within 5 days of today. I can tell it's working because it's populating at "1&quo…
    Accepted
    322 3
    Answered ✓ 322 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Update Request - Read-Only fields?
    Is there any way to send an update request, but only have certain fields editable? The issue is that I need to send some contextual info on the update request, but some fields should *not* be changed. If I only send the update request for…
    Accepted
    475 5
    Answered ✓ 475 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Flag Formula
    My formula for the below isn't flagging correctly. Can someone take a look at it? Intended action: If [HRSS Sends Request for Personal Info] has a date, AND [Credentialing Initiated HRSS] is blank after 7 days, flag Formula: =IF(AND(ISDAT…
    Accepted
    33 9
    Answered ✓ 33 views 9 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Add a Metric widget on a dashboard that shows last modified date & time
    I am trying to add a metric widget to a dashboard that shows both the date and time from the last modified column in a sheet. It seems I can only bring in date, not time. Is there a way to show both elements? Thanks.
    Accepted
    290 3
    Answered ✓ 290 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Date Formula
    Hi everyone, Is there a formula in which I can calculate the number of days in any given month? Regards Rainier
    Accepted
    512 12
    Answered ✓ 512 views 12 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome