Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• INDEX/MATCH not working
    In Formulas and Functions
    Below are two screenshots. The first is a screenshot of my target sheet. The other is a screenshot of my reference sheet.   On the reference sheet I have a list along the left. In the column to the right is: =TODAY()   On the target s…
    392 7
    392 views 7 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Formula and RYG balls
    HELP!!!!!! How do i create a formula to use RYG balls in the status column with % Complete column no matter how many videos and threads i look through!!   I have a status column I also have a % Complete column I want to use balls to sho…
    1597 4
    1.6K views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Countdown from today not working
    I am having the hardest time using any kind of formula...whenever I type them in I get the unparsed error. I am trying to do a countdown from today to an end date but no dice. I find the explanations on here for how functions work aren't r…
    153 5
    153 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formular to show tasks marked 100% in past 7 days, 30 days by user
    Hello, I am trying to add formular to sheets to show the tasks that have been marked 100% for each user in a certain time period, ie past 7 days, or 30 days etc. This data will be shown in a widget on our report page for team dashboard.  …
    64 1
    64 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • RYG with vlookup
    Hello, I need my sheet to lookup an employee's id number on a second sheet and return a RYG ball depending on the code in the 8th column. I tried this with no luck: =IF(VLOOKUP([Employee #]1, {EIC Range 3},8,False)="Yes","…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula help please
    Hi, looking for some help please. I want to count a financial figure when the status is not received. Columns i am using are Start up budget and Received status. Probably really easy for someone, but am struggling with formulas as quite…
    1 3
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Sum If formula question - Don't want to sum if it's a loss
    Hello! I'm currently using a Sum If formula that works to sum up by each lead, however, once we turn the Sales Stage to Loss I would like to remove the losses from the sum for that person's weighted forecast. The formula below is filterin…
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Invalid data type/unparsable for date countdown
    I'm trying to have an automatic countdown but I keep running into an invalid data type or unparsable error.  I am trying to show how many days remain until a point in the future (07/17/2018). Here are some of the formulas I've tried with…
    62 2
    62 views 2 comments Most recent by dartarro21
  • IF Statement and Health
    I am trying to use the following IF statements for my health column.   I get up to IF([Move Complete]@row = "Termed? ", "Red", and if I add any IF statements after that it doesn't work.   Can anyone tell me what I am do…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Month not displaying correctly
    I have a sheet that contains a Posted column that is auto-populated with the created date. I have another column next to that that pulls the number of the month out of the date. Example would be the Posted column says created 03/11/2018 11…
    11 4
    11 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams