Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Plotting cost over time
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi- I am trying to either graphically or with subtotals display cost over time as aggregated preferably by month, but also want to consider by week.   I am easily able to plot cost for items that begin or end in a calendar month, but not…
    588 7
    588 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Help IF/AND formula with RYG conditional formatting
    How do you create RYG symbol formula that requires multiple conditions of multiple reference cells? Here are the conditions I'm trying to write a RYG formula for....using reference cells [LEADER NAME] and [RISK FLAG]: If [LEADER NAME] = BL…
    Accepted
    53 3
    Answered ✓ 53 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Calculated date that doesn't fall on weekend but next week day
    I have a date field (Date to be Completed) where I calculate so many days before or after a "Course Launch Date". I need to make sure that if that calculation lands on a weekend it automatically advances to Monday. Here's the ste…
    Accepted
    32 3
    Answered ✓ 32 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • NETWORKINGDAYS
    I have the following conditions: 1) Planned Ship Date (9-25-19) 2) Actual Ship Date (9-11-19) If the Planned Ship Date = Actual Ship Date, Result should = 0 If Actual Ship Date < Planned Ship Date, Result should be a negative number (T…
    Answered - Pending Review
    21 7
    Answered - Pending Review 21 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Autopopulate text based on drop down option
    Hello! I'm trying to figure out a formula to autopopulate text in a cell based on a drop down option in a previous cell. Basically one column would contain the drop down (Campus) and based on which campus is selected, a different cell (ac…
    Accepted
    37 6
    Answered ✓ 37 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Status Formula
    Can anyone help me figure out how to identify a project status as "Complete" only if all of the tasks in the entire column are complete, or as "In Progress" if there any tasks that are not complete?
    Accepted
    320 11
    Answered ✓ 320 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How to use result from a multi-select drop down in COUNTIFS formula
    I would like to Count the values from a row that contains 1 value from a Multi-Select and 1 of 2 values from a drop down. I have two formulas for the 2 values because 1 of the drop down values contains a < symbol. Here is what I tried…
    Accepted
    35 5
    Answered ✓ 35 views 5 comments Most recent by Randy Van Winkle
  • Marking Oldest 5 Projects
    Hello! I have been working with some data and I want to eventually be able to pull a report of my "past due" projects and show the oldest 5 projects. To do this, I have created a helper column in my source sheet that using the fo…
    25 1
    Answered - Pending Review 25 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P.
  • How to build bar graph of submissions by user
    We are using Smartsheet to build a Change Management process for our IT department. The way it currently works is we have a form that users fill out containing all the details of their change request, which are recording to a spreadsheet.…
    33 4
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Summing Data From Another Sheet
    I have a resource tracker that is set up to sum hours by resource using the =SUM(CHILDREN()) Function. I also need to be able to sum hours by Project Code (Column 4), and Classification (Column 8) by Month. Can someone advise on the best…
    689 4
    Answered - Pending Review 689 views 4 comments Most recent by Genevieve P.