Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formula Help please
    In Formulas and Functions
    i have a column titled # Wins and wound up with a percentage towards my Wins goal. That said i want to use RYG lights based on how close i am to the goal. So here's what i wrote but i know i'm missing something. Any help would be much appr…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Autofill a column based on another column value
    I have one column set up with a dropdown menu and want another column to autofill with a specific value tied to each dropdown menu selection. Is this possible?
    3607 4
    3.6K views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Match Two Entries from Two Separate Form Sheets, Assign Status
    I have an "Assignment" form that creates a system generated number. The crew foreman will use this form for their assignment, then they will populate a "Production" form using the system generated number from the "…
    21 3
    21 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • return list from another sheet
    Anyone able to offer some help on the formula below - trying to return a list of information relative to an employee ID number to a column.  There will be several matches per ID, e.g. Matt worked item 1..  2...  3.. and 7.  I want to retur…
    244 1
    244 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Summing of colored "conditional" cells
    Hello All, I am trying to count or sum how many colored cells there are within a row. The rows consist of test questions and are set to turn red if the condition is not met (answer is incorrect). Is there a way to sum all of the condition…
    333 4
    333 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Nested IF Then And Statment
    I am trying to finalize a Nested If Then /And Statement.  In one of my logical functions, I am trying move to the next condition if a cell has a date input into.  When I try to use the logic if cell > 0, it returns an error.  What would…
    11 6
    11 views 6 comments Most recent by Javed Hassan
  • cell reference based on date
    We have a yearly schedule for all our field guys that is updated a week prior and sent out to the field so everyone knows where they will be working for the upcoming week.  My question is can I tie a roll up sheet to the master schedule sh…
    732 7
    732 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Help on formula: countifs with multiple criteria
    Hi everyone, I need help on the below formula. I am trying to get the number of active projects based on the columns Section and Stage (see attached image). The 2 sections are called Food and Non-Food. The active stages are called Plann…
    61 2
    61 views 2 comments Most recent by Grace
  • Date changes to tomorrow after 5pm
    Hello,   I have been trying to find a work around for an issue I am having on sheet we use. We are currently using a sheet for employees to submit when they check out and check in equipment via a form. We were using the auto created date…
    51 2
    51 views 2 comments Most recent by bhope51
  • Multiple Countifs and Children to use in a Dashboard
    Hello Everyone! I'm new to figuring out counts in SmartSheets and Dashboads/Sights and could use a little help. I have a sheet that is connected to Salesforce via the Salesforce Connector, so the data is dynamic.  I currently have the sh…
    81 5
    81 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå