Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Responding to form submissions
    In Formulas and Functions
    I'm setting up a form for non-licensed users (requestors) to submit inquiries regarding the status of our projects. I have the form set up so that my team can provide a response to the inquiry within the form when they receive a notificati…
    Answered - Pending Review
    14 13
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 13 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Countifs Contains part with an identifier
    Hello, I'm trying to create a formula to count how many stores we have for a certain date based on the nomenclature of the store name. I want to count stores that start with "W" example W001234 or W004566. I also want to cou…
    Accepted
    21 2
    Answered ✓ 21 views 2 comments Most recent by SRenner
  • Calculation of monthly duration
    Hi All, I've been trying to find a formula to automatically calculate duration in months from start date and end date. I went through several threads here but none of them seems to fit at all. Could any of you advise? I presume it is somet…
    Accepted
    172 11
    Answered ✓ 172 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • today() function change dynamically in sheet
    Using today() function in sheet, so date will change dynamically or when we access sheet then it will change.. For example, if someone took the above actions on Apr 3rd and then no one takes above actions in Apr 4~ Apr 6th, then the today …
    Answered - Pending Review
    62 6
    Answered - Pending Review 62 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula help
    @Paul Newcome Reaching out for help again. How would you create an equation where the parent status is automatically updated when the child row statuses are changed. See attached picture. When all of the "Actuals" are "Com…
    Accepted
    43 18
    Answered ✓ 43 views 18 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • COUNTIFS Less than Today on a referenced sheet = INVALID OPERATION
    I'm referencing another sheet and want to count rows belonging to a particular individual where the planned date is in the past. I'm trying to COUNTIF [email protected] and Planned date is less than TODAY() Here is my formula but I'm getting an I…
    Accepted
    22 2
    Answered ✓ 22 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Formula on checkboxes
    Hello all, I am trying to find a formula that will show me progress based on 3 or more columns that are checkboxes. I want to show progress if one of them is checked, I want this new column where the formula will be to say not started if …
    Accepted
    83 7
    Answered ✓ 83 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Sum If Help
    I'd like to sum the number of story points if "label" = "Unity_Beta" Then sum the number of story points if the "label" = "Unity_Beta" and the "Status" = done
    Accepted
    12 8
    Answered ✓ 12 views 8 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • RYG Ball & Status, Help needed
    Hi, I'm trying to create a RYG color based on Status column, I have tried: Empty or Not started = RED In Progress = Yellow Complete = Green =IF([Status]3 = "Not Started", "Red", IF([Status]3 = "In Progress", …
    Accepted
    33 3
    Answered ✓ 33 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How to work around this Cirular Reference Error?
    Hi everyone! I am working on an Inventory sheet for my business and it is not allowing me to do what I need, IE(CircularReference Error). I have a [Starting Inventory] set at 20 in my 'Master Inventory' Sheet. Then I have 2 Forms that are …
    Accepted
    608 1
    Answered ✓ 608 views 1 comment Most recent by Brantley Brumley