Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Date changes to tomorrow after 5pm
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello,   I have been trying to find a work around for an issue I am having on sheet we use. We are currently using a sheet for employees to submit when they check out and check in equipment via a form. We were using the auto created date…
    51 2
    51 views 2 comments Most recent by bhope51
  • Multiple Countifs and Children to use in a Dashboard
    Hello Everyone! I'm new to figuring out counts in SmartSheets and Dashboads/Sights and could use a little help. I have a sheet that is connected to Salesforce via the Salesforce Connector, so the data is dynamic.  I currently have the sh…
    81 5
    81 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • SumIf contains certain text--use FIND?
    Sorry, I tried to search the archives but couldn't follow the examples so am hoping someone could help me with this specific scenario. I am trying to put together a budget that is summing up columns that contain certain text. I would like …
    800 2
    800 views 2 comments Most recent by Hong Ly
  • formula help
    i need help with a formula please. my current formula looks like this..   =SUMIF(Stage:Stage, ???, [Job Value]:[Job Value])   i need an answer to the ??? please as it is a column that has a formula in it that relates to other fields an…
    11 9
    11 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How to create an auto incrementing number based upon checkbox
    Hi everyone, I have a smartsheet where each row represents an "installation". One of the columns is called "Gone Live" and is of a type checkbox. I have created another column entitled "Number of Installs this yea…
    297 3
    297 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • SUMIF IF referred sheet/column ISDATE
    Hey everyone,  working on something that i am having a problem with I have the following =SUMIF({FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 4}, [email protected], {FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 1}) This returns the value from the cell…
    153 6
    153 views 6 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Divide by Zero error
    Hello,   I have the following formula to calculate % Over/Under Budget: =[$ (Over)/Under Budget]8 / [FOOD BUDGET July 2018]8 I would like this to work even when there is a 0 in the Budget number and even when "over/under" is …
    441 3
    441 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Bug: EXTREMELY bizarre behavior
    After the release a little while ago, the first thing I noticed was a simple sum of 7 cells was giving the incorrect value. That resolved itself when I closed and reopened the Sheet for the second time. And then the KPI's I was working on…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Check In/Out inventory log
    Hello,  I am hoping someone has an idea for a solution to my problem. I have an inventory that keeps track of giveaways. I created a second sheet with a form to fill out how many of each giveaway I pack for each event. I count the giveawa…
    132 2
    132 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Importing Excel formulas "#UNPARSEABLE"
    When trying to import Excel including following formula: =IFS(J3<0,2;1;J3<0,4;2;J3<0,6;3;J3<0,8;4;J3<=1;5)   I get and error message in Smartsheet. #UNPARSEABLE" Following show up in Smartsheet. =_XLFN.IFS([Growth …
    161 2
    161 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams