Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Can a form return the content of an autofilled cell?
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am gathering information using a form that generates and auto number for the new row. I want to pass back the status of a process related to that auto number. I have a column with the status calculated but I can't figure out a way to pas…
    Accepted
    17 5
    Answered ✓ 17 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • please delete
    please delete
    Accepted
    12 3
    Answered ✓ 12 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Projected %complete
    Hi there. Following on from the advise in this post https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/36026/expected-progress I need help in understanding why the formula: is returning a Invalid Operation error. Thanks Greg
    Answered - Pending Review
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Automate the selection of values from a Multi-Select Dropdown
    Good day I am trying to select values from a Multi-Select Dropdown by using an IF formula. Is this possible? I dont want to manually have to select the applicable values from the multi-select dropdown selection, but instead the formula sho…
    Accepted
    437 6
    Answered ✓ 437 views 6 comments Most recent by Pierre Mostert
  • Need help with COUNTIFS and DATES for Daily Cumulative Results - existing content does not help me
    Need help with COUNTIFS and DATES for Daily Cumulative Results--less than equal to each day). I have 2 SSs (1 open, 1 closed calls). Couldn't get the formula right to pull from two sheets so I created grid for individual sheet results then…
    Accepted
    32 3
    Answered ✓ 32 views 3 comments Most recent by Ryan Kramer
  • I would like a formula to tell me the number of days holiday taken this month
    I have searched for a formula to calculate the number of days holiday, but I would like it to be more specific to tell me the number of days taken this month. So far I have this: =SUMIFS(Duration:Duration, Absence:Absence, "holiday&qu…
    Accepted
    345 17
    Answered ✓ 345 views 17 comments Most recent by Joachim Mund
  • Multiply Part of an Equation
    Hi there, I have this formula (below) which works but I would like to multiply only the reoccurring hours of work to complete by 3 (second half of the formula). When I try to do it I get invalid operation. Any help would be greatly appreci…
    Accepted
    12 1
    Answered ✓ 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Can i have the AVG(collect) formula in the same column as the range that I want to Average?
    I want to average the % complete column. I am writing the formula i the top row of this column and it doesn't allow me to do it. also, doesn't allow me to select any column from the same sheet. Am I missing something here? How can I solve …
    79 9
    Answered - Pending Review 79 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Responding to form submissions
    I'm setting up a form for non-licensed users (requestors) to submit inquiries regarding the status of our projects. I have the form set up so that my team can provide a response to the inquiry within the form when they receive a notificati…
    14 13
    Answered - Pending Review 14 views 13 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Countifs Contains part with an identifier
    Hello, I'm trying to create a formula to count how many stores we have for a certain date based on the nomenclature of the store name. I want to count stores that start with "W" example W001234 or W004566. I also want to cou…
    Accepted
    21 2
    Answered ✓ 21 views 2 comments Most recent by SRenner