Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• IF Statement and Health
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am trying to use the following IF statements for my health column.   I get up to IF([Move Complete]@row = "Termed? ", "Red", and if I add any IF statements after that it doesn't work.   Can anyone tell me what I am do…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Month not displaying correctly
    I have a sheet that contains a Posted column that is auto-populated with the created date. I have another column next to that that pulls the number of the month out of the date. Example would be the Posted column says created 03/11/2018 11…
    11 4
    11 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • How to count within a date range in first column and with a specific criteria in a second column
    I want to figure out how many times a specific person sends an application out within a specific date range. Here is the formula I tried:   =COUNTIFS(Name:Name,"Jane",[Application sent]:[Application sent],[email protected]>=DATE(2018…
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by KO_in_Colo
  • Auto Status Change/Update
    Hi, I am trying to create a tracked schedule and was wondering if smartsheet had an option or setting that auto updated status based on the date entered and real time date. For example if a phase is due at 08/24/2018 and it is 08/25/2018 …
    748 7
    748 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • IFERROR and ISERROR do not work properly!
    No matter if I use IFERROR or ISERROR formula Smartsheet always returns #BLOCKED Some how the back end ignores the IF/ISERROR formals and is returning  #BLOCKED    =IF(ISERROR([Project name]1293), " - ", "Green") re…
    212 5
    212 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Multiple IFS
    Hi, this should be relatively easy I think, but I'm struggling. I have the following formula (pasted below these comments) functioning to test whether a certain value exists (IFC) within a range on another sheet, and then returning "&…
    92 1
    92 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • =upca Barcode Font Encoder
    Hey! I need to create UPCa text strings in Smartsheet.  Currently we are using an excel spreadsheet that converts number strings into UPCa font values using an excel VBA macro.  When I imported my Excel file into smartsheet, this macro …
    122 1
    122 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Add additional filter or how to do this
    Hello,   I need help to do something if possible. From my table, i want to make a filter which will show just the rows which has the specific terms. Ok, this is easy and I know how to do this. My issue comes when I have one more column w…
    83 1
    83 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Need Flag or No Flag based on one or both of two columns being blank or within 7 days
    Used this formula to get No Flag and Flag result based on the date/whether the cell was blank. =IF(ISBLANK([Date1]2), 0, IF([Date1]2<= TODAY(7), 1, 0))   Now I need to get a Flag if the date in Date2 column OR Date3 column is within …
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Ignore #Dividebyzero
    Hi,  I have a range of percentages and want to calculate the average. There are some #DIVIDEBYZERO cells within the range that will populate later on in the year. Is there a way to tell Smartsheet to ignore the #DIVEBYZERO? It is possible…
    304 5
    304 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday