Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• If and Find
    In Formulas and Functions
    If cell A3 contains "ABC" then enter "ABC" in cell A1. Can someone help me do this in smartsheet?   I tried using =If(find("ABC",A3,)="ABC","ABC","X")  but its not working.   …
    342 5
    342 views 5 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Minus workdays from dates
    Hello, I'm trying to minus days from dates using the following formulas but am getting errors everytime: =NETWORKDAY([Date Printed]8 - [Date Dispatched]8) - gives me the error #Incorrect Argument Set =NETWORKDAY([Date Printed]8, [Date D…
    156 1
    156 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Formula - adding two columns based on a condition
    I think I'm close but this is driving me crazy.  I have an event code column and two other columns where I am collecting participation data on Saturday and Sunday.  I would like to know the total participation for the weekend. The formul…
    93 1
    93 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Named ranges in a formula not "actively" importing from cells expire.
    I folks. I think I found an edge-case in your new cross-sheet formula system. I wrote some index formulae to pull related data from other sheets when the user chose some options from a list. All was working, and I was able to link, custom…
    73 1
    73 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Formulas to link cells
    With the recent expansion of formulas to cross reference other sheets I would love to be able to split projects to other sheets. If I could pull the Primary column and the Start Date column via formula I could have secondary sheets that ha…
    675 3
    675 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams
  • Sumif for an month to day invoice amount with date criteria
    I have an Invoice Smartsheet which has invoice amount for invoices for last several months. I have to calculate month to day invoice amount. I have given the following formula: SUMIF([Inv Amt Rs]:[Inv Amt Rs], [Inv Date]:[Inv Date] > &…
    31 1
    31 views 1 comment Most recent by rjudenberg
  • Simple Subtraction Question - Cell Contains Formula
    I have a hard keyed number in a cell (113), in cell to right is a formula =COUNTIF(Status3:Status97, OR(@cell = "Active", @cell = "Invited")), resulting in a count of 93.  I am trying to subtract the 113 from 93, with …
    992 1
    992 views 1 comment Most recent by rjudenberg
  • Do Cross-Sheet References Impact Sheet Load Time?
    As my Smartsheet app has gotten more complex I often try to find ways to simplify sheets and speed things up. The new cross-sheet reference capability has me wondering if it would be faster than the existing links when loading a sheet? I d…
    150 4
    150 views 4 comments Most recent by Jim Hook
  • Formula creates a String - Cell no longer blank/empty conditional formating
    Hello,   I have a particular problem, I have a series of cells that have formulas to detect the checked values of a series of Check Boxes, creating conditional formatting and inserting 'N/A' in certain cells: =IF([Assemblage Mecanique]8…
    51 2
    51 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Charlebois
  • COUNTIF example formulas using check box columns
    Would anyone have a example of a formula to count checked boxes in a column divided by the number of unchecked boxes. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    790 views 5 comments Most recent by ricki