Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Pull in average of column for certain rows in sheet
    In Formulas and Functions
    I have a tracker setup that I track support requests. I have a few metrics that allow me to see AVE SLA time to completion and assignment. The problem I am having is I want to show this same AVE SLa time value BUT only for specific rows ba…
    525 4
    525 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Column Average
    Hello! I am trying to calculate the average of a column.  It seems like this should be a very simple task. I'm typing =AVG then referencing the column I need to average from another sheet.  It generates the following formula  =AVG({Emplo…
    802 3
    802 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Counting and applying "color status" for parent/children rows
    I have overall Annual goals (purple lines) with sub projects that fall into a particular category. I then have subtasks that fall under the corresponding item (identified with an alphanumeric task number). I want to be able to summarize (o…
    535 2
    535 views 2 comments Most recent by JFrye
  • How to stop Alerts being triggered by TODAY() formula
    Hi Everyone, This is my first post on here and hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a formula cell which references TODAY() in a certain IF criteria. I also have several alerts going to various users which are generat…
    64 12
    64 views 12 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Row or Record roll up and multiple forms or sheets
    I have been attempting set up a relational database for multiple client use.  This database should track records (rows including child rows) as it progresses through different phases.  Projects may stop periodically and should be searchabl…
    47 2
    47 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Counting Check boxes when Checked
    Hello,   I would like to find a way for a way to count the check boxes when they are checked. Ideally, I would like formula that allows me to know what date it was checked. I'm not sure if the modified data column can do this because I d…
    47 3
    47 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Count "New Entries based on a date" to a dashboard
    I am adding new entries to a sheet daily. I need to know on a given date how many entries were added to the sheet. I need to be able to adjust this daily. I have created something on a google doc that works very well but I can't seem to du…
    213 6
    213 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Joining Formatted Cells
    Hello All, First time caller...Is it possible to join cells where text in those joined cells have different colors and have the joined cell retain all the various text colors?  I've tried =Cell1 + Cell2... and =Join(Range) and both retur…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Weekly Tracking for a Dashboard
    I have a grid where I am trying to lookup from a grid that people can log issues on. The first lookup is the date range, we want to count all issues within that date range. Then we only want to count by the "Field". On the log it…
    207 9
    207 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Countif after certain date
    Hi! I'm trying to create a formula that will count the number of rows that have a "Delivery Date" after 1/1/2019. Any row with a date prior to that should not be counted. I also do not want blank rows counted. In the screen cap…
    JAA Profile Photo JAA
    1333 10
    1.3K views 10 comments Most recent by JAA