Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Range with multiple columns with COUNTIFS
    In Formulas and Functions
    One range in my COUNTIFS formula has several columns included. If I use this range on COUNTIF (no S on it), it works perfectly but, when I include in COUNTIFS, it does not work. (#Incorrect Argument Set). I then split all these columns in …
    Accepted
    662 3
    Answered ✓ 662 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • How to fix my #Boolean Expected Error
    Good morning, I'm trying to solve this error in my formula. All I want to do is display a % complete every time I click a check mark under my done column. Here is my formula: =COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1) / (COUNTIFS(Done:Done, 0, Tasks:Tasks, NO…
    Accepted
    1467 12
    Answered ✓ 1.5K views 12 comments Most recent by Debbie Sawyer
  • Formula - RGY by percentage
    Good Morning Hoping someone can assist: Currently i have a formula that controls the RGY health column perfectly like below: (thank you to for previous assistance) =IF([+/-]46 >= 0, "Green", IF(AND([+/-]46 < 0, [+/-]46 >…
    Accepted
    26 2
    Answered ✓ 26 views 2 comments Most recent by chris.italiano78351
  • Nested IF with Children
    Greetings, I'm attempting to configure an Epic (parent) field to automatically change based on the statuses of the child fields. For example, the criteria I'm attempting to meet is: If all child status fields are in "To Do" then …
    Accepted
    74 2
    Answered ✓ 74 views 2 comments Most recent by Evan Summerville
  • Nested Formula in Sheet Summary
    I am looking to return a summary sheet for manager review. I want a formula to run if the status is "In Progress" and it's been assigned to a specific team member, I want the value returned to be a list of the types of projects …
    Answered - Pending Review
    13 10
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 10 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Need a formula that will send out a reminder if an update has not been received in 7 days
    Hi all, I'm pretty new to smartsheet, so thanking you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I'm looking for a formula that will send out a reminder if an update request has not been received after 7 days. Here's the scenario. I ha…
    264 9
    Answered - Pending Review 264 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Rolling 2 week task count
    Hello,   I am trying to do a cross sheet formula that counts the number of tasks that are not complete and have a due date in the next 14 days for a specific department. I hope I am close but it is coming back as unparseable. Could some…
    320 6
    320 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Multiplication Function
    Hi! I have a Sheet Summary field that has counted the total number of relocation packages we have issued for the year. I want to set up a formula that multiplies that total count by $854, with the number updating as more relocation package…
    220 1
    Answered - Pending Review 220 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Date Formula
    Hello, I have a "Renovation Start Date" and a "Estimated Renovation Completion Date" column. If the "Renovation Start Date" is blank and does not have a date, I want to the "Estimated Renovation Comple…
    Accepted
    42 3
    Answered ✓ 42 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Move Rows-Auto Field Error
    Hi, I have 3 different projects I am recreating in Smartsheet. They are surveys that we send out and track scores. Since the process already existed I needed to create two sheets. Both sheets have exactly the same columns (I just copied t…
    96 9
    Answered - Pending Review 96 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome