Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Formula to add two columns together that meet the same criteria
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello,   Need some help with a formula, I am trying to add two columns that meet the same criteria from one sheet to total on another sheet.  I have tried Sumif and sumifs formulas but they both comeback with errors Here is what I need…
    36 1
    36 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Duplicates, can I count the Original but ignore 2nd, 3rd etc
    Hi I had a look but couldn't find the answer. I am trying to do simple reports and formula Counts, but trying to ignore any duplicates. Example below, I am only interested in counting the first time a name appears, so the count would eq…
    156 2
    156 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • count if formulas
    I would like to count how many of my orders do not have PO number (i.e Po Number cell is blank) Can you help with the formula to do this Thanks  
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Hide Errors Until Cell is Populated
    I'm calculating the variance between dates using the following formula.  The problem is that an error is displayed if the Actual Start Date is not populated as show in the screenshot.   Formula used in Variance Start Date:  =NETWORKDAYS(…
    76 9
    76 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Formula for Counting an Item Once Per Date
    I am trying to come up with a formula to count the number of times a 'meeting type' occurs within a column. The issue is, I only want to count the 'meeting type' once per day whether it only occurs once or 20 times. So in the case of my sc…
    42 5
    42 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Linked Cells with Numeric Value not working in Chart Widget
    Hi, I have a roll up of numbers for the total of checkboxes checked off in our main data sheet. I've linked that totaled value into a separate sheet via the link cell capability.  That is somehow not getting charted, and is showing up as …
    34 1
    34 views 1 comment Most recent by Alejandra
  • Calculate days past due based on end date
    I want to populate a column labeled "Days Overdue". I want to look at my column "% Complete" if "% Complete" is not equal to 100%, then get TODAY() date - "End DATE" and populate the value into "…
    155 1
    155 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday
  • Invalid Data Type using Find function
    Hi All, I can't seem to find the error in my formula.  I'm trying to use FIND() to locate a unique id # SE2 within a column on another spreadsheet.  The column in the other sheet is a text column. =FIND("SE2", {**2019 Event Bui…
    45 7
    45 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • VLOOKUP is data type of TEXT instead of DATE - sorting is off
    I am currently creating an report which looks up dates based on specific milestone tasks over a number of project sheets. When the vlookup calculation is entered and I hit the Return key, is it giving me an alert that the value is not in …
    101 2
    101 views 2 comments Most recent by Alejandra
  • Index and match multiple sheets
    Hi, I have an index and match formula set up for 1 sheet and it works great but how do I handle it if I want the index to look at data from multiple sheets to pull the correct information. My current formula is: =INDEX({Site Number}, MATC…
    675 4
    675 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome