Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Split-screen auto populate?
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello all! I have a smartsheet that is always open in our warehouse to let the guys know when an item needs to be shipped; the line is added by our procurement team. After the warehouse personnel complete a shipment, they mark the status …
    62 4
    62 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Creating Summary on the Fly
    This may be a dumb question but I have a sheet Orders that is auto-updated every morning via the Data Uploader. So the list of items changes on a daily basis... sometimes the same items are listed and sometimes new items are listed as well…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • If forumula
    I trying to write a formula if (Days)<=30 will display an Amount in column 0-30
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by L_123
  • Referencing other sheets
    Ok I have one sheet that I have a formula in that references the data in another sheet.   The name of the source sheet is "Drug Seizures" When I start my formula in the destination sheet, I click on reference other sheet, sele…
    1 4
    1 view 4 comments Most recent by CherylAK
  • Nested IF Formula Help
    I have two Nested IF formulas that work separately, but keep given me an "incorrect argument set"  error when I combine them.  The two formulas are: =IF(OR([Current Status]1 = "Completed", [Current Status]1 = "Ter…
    22 3
    22 views 3 comments Most recent by Bridgett_S
  • Method to update field automatically (based on other field updates)
    I was looking to see if there was a way to make an update to a field based on the status of other fields in the sheet.  In my example I have a review process that sends multiple emails at once for review and approval.  The reviewers each h…
    606 3
    606 views 3 comments Most recent by guy.rooker83086
  • RYG Balls
    For this formula, I would like the RYG balls to be the result.  Instead, I’m getting the word “Green” or “Red”.  So the formula is working, but would like the balls and not the word.
    228 6
    228 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • If - Then - Else
    I'm trying to create an If/Then/Else statement to determine if an employee is eligible for a pay increase.  Essentially, the formula needs to say  IF Mandatory Training Requirements Met = YES AND Corrective Action = NO THEN Eligible for…
    1059 2
    1.1K views 2 comments Most recent by saraha83081
  • Auto-fill is outdated
    The conditions that formula auto-fill performs in are ridiculous (based on the row above/below). It's incredibly temperamental and not fit for purpose. Likewise if you copy a formula down a column, I'm experience the following problems: …
    14 2
    14 views 2 comments Most recent by Alejandra
  • NETDAYS #INVALID DATE TYPE
    I can't figured out why #INVALID DATA TYPE auto fill when I haven't pick a date for the start and finish date. If I do have those fill out then the formula works fine but otherwise it just fill the duration cell with that error. I do have …
    342 3
    342 views 3 comments Most recent by Dan Seidler