Formulas and Functions

Stumped by a formula? Ask for help or find examples to see how others use a formula to solve a similar problem.

Discussion List

• Counting dates as entries
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am compiling a metrics page, and need to count a date field, teh automated "created" which stores date and time the row was created.  I want to count a total of "01/XX/19", XX meaning i dont care about the days, i jus…
    21 2
    21 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • IF statement with flag symbol
    Per the attached screen shot. How would the formula be written so that the row2 flag turns red IF any of the flags(row3-row11) are toggled to red? Thanks
    180 3
    180 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Working Days Counter Based on State, Lock # when completed
    I am trying to create a counter that counts the number of days in work of a task, the counter only counts the days in work when the Scrum state of the task changes to sprint . I want the counter to stop counting when the state changes to d…
    31 6
    31 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • SUMIF Contact? Help please!
    I'm trying to get the total of a column where the row contains a specific sales person. Can someone help me out? Here is what I tried: =SUMIF([Sales Person]:[Sales Person], "Kevin", [Appx. Value]:Appx. Value]) Screenshot attac…
    109 13
    109 views 13 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Calculating Number of Items in a Month based on System Generated date field
    Hello all - Needing help with a formula to calculate how many requests are submitted via a webform for each month.  2 questions related to this: 1. Can a formula pull just the month from a System Generated cell: Created by (Date)? 2. W…
    126 4
    126 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • To stop the Counting Counter after One Column Value is changed.
    I Have a project in which i have to Calculate the days. From the date form is submitted to the time it is approved by the internal team. I want to stop the calculating counter after the Status of the internal approval is changing.   Th…
    317 5
    317 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • IF THEN statement in a symbol column
    Fairly new to smartsheet, so not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I have a priority column in my To Do sheet which is a symbol column (High, Medium, Low).  I would like to create an IF statement that will automatically change the priori…
    172 2
    172 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • CountIFs EOM Formula
    Is there and EOM formula that will use the Month Column instead of manually using the DATE (2019,1,31) format? Excel example: =COUNTIFS(Type of Lead,"Servicing",Date Received,">="&B5,Date Received,"<=&q…
    13 1
    13 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Including FIND in COUNTIF
    I would like to use COUNTIFS when two conditions are true * The value in College = "ED" * The text [Development Category] contains the word "Build". EXAMPLES THAT COUNT: College = "ED", [Development Categor…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome
  • Automate RYGGrey
    I need help with a formula to automate my RYGGrey. Here are the rules: If status = complete, grey If status is in progress or not started and finish is in the past, red If status is in progress or not started and finish is today + 5 day…
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome