Join the Smartsheet Community

Find answers to Smartsheet questions, learn about project management best practices, discuss the future of work management, and get how-to guidance for every Smartsheet use-case from fellow users and Smartsheet experts.

Discussion List

• Using IF Function to reference sheets
    In Using Smartsheet
    HI Can I use the IF function to reference sheets to auto-populate the names of department reps for a particular tracking ID: So if Tracking ID changes then the Department rep name should change correspondingly. So what is the best way to …
    Answered - Pending Review
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • Cannot delete files from reports
    In Formulas and Functions
    We regularly delete files from the attachment column, a very important function of our process. As of today, it stopped working and the "Delete" function is grayed out. See attached. We can only delete from the sheet which is o…
    26 14
    Answered - Pending Review 26 views 14 comments Most recent by Theresa Pulvere Formulas and Functions
  • Determine if a Date is equal to or greater than 3 months ago
    Looking for syntax help. I have columns (This Month, Last Month and Previous Month) to support some dashboard reporting IF statements. I am now looking to add a column called ">=3months" and I am unsure of the syntax. The syn…
    Accepted
    14 3
    Accepted Answer 14 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Sum of True/False (1/0)
    Hi, I am using this formula to search a multi-select column for if that column contains "IDS". =IF(CONTAINS("IDS", [Define Resource Needs]@row:[Define Resource Needs]@row), "1", "0") It is returning …
    Accepted
    14 3
    Accepted Answer 14 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFS & Specific Text/Quarter Requirement
    I am trying to write a formula for a dashboard that sums the amount of money we spend a quarter based on a specific text. This is what I have so far and I'm getting "Invalid Operation". =SUMIFS{Log Sheet Range 2}, {Log Sheet Ra…
    Accepted
    11 2
    Accepted Answer 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Mackenzie Formulas and Functions
  • IF OR Formula
    Can I get help with this formula? I need the answer to be 4 if either of these two columns are a yes. If both are a no, then I need the answer to be 0. If one is yes and one is no, then the answer still needs to be 4. =IF(OR([Innovate Au…
    Accepted
    21 2
    Accepted Answer 21 views 2 comments Most recent by Stacy Stoffel Formulas and Functions
  • Automatic Deletion
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am looking for a way to set up an automation for deleting rows in a sheet. My firm is unwilling to go through security testing right now and is wary of putting sensitive data on Smartsheet, but is wanting to use a form to collect the dat…
    632 7
    632 views 7 comments Most recent by Becky Williams Using Smartsheet
  • Sequential Approvals with Missing Contacts
    Hi All! I'm trying to build an automation that sends out approvals in sequence. If a contact column (1-3) is blank, it should skip to the next approver so the workflow can continue. As I understand the approval automation, it will run in s…
    Accepted
    21 3
    Accepted Answer 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Jaykel Torres Formulas and Functions
  • Issues with autogenerated Asset #'s
    I am autogenerating an Asset # that combines a Product code with a number. Here is the formula I'm currently using (thanks to Community members who helped last year) and a screenshot of some sample data. =IF(COUNT(ANCESTORS([Deliverables a…
    16 2
    Answered - Pending Review 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Jeana Formulas and Functions
  • List of date formula I have used repeatedly
    In Best Practice
    Doing this so I have an ongoing list of functioning optimized formulas , keeping it in the community in case it helps someone else. Please feel free to comment with your own, but I'm keeping the most basic of the formulas out of this. Bel…
    208 15
    208 views 15 comments Most recent by L_123 Best Practice