Join the Smartsheet Community

Find answers to Smartsheet questions, learn about project management best practices, discuss the future of work management, and get how-to guidance for every Smartsheet use-case from fellow users and Smartsheet experts.

Discussion List

• Is there an easier way to automate multiple columns from a single multi-select dropdown?
    In Formulas and Functions
    One of my teams uses a sheet to track to the status of products in every state, with a column containing a status dropdown list for each state (Requested, In Progress, On Hold, Completed, etc.). We recently implemented a form for our inter…
    Answered - Pending Review
    22 3
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Duration v actual time
    Is there a way to add a task that might be 4 days over a one month period, for example. So I don't have to create a separate task for every time that task happens, I just want to show a task that runs from 1 May to 30 May but takes 4 days …
    17 5
    Answered - Pending Review 17 views 5 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • Summary Report is not showing all data to all users
    In Using Smartsheet
    We have create a summary report that links to our current projects and pulls specific information for each project's summary sheet. The report has one line for each project. Myself and the other user on the report below are both admin user…
    27 1
    Answered - Pending Review 27 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Auto scheduling tasks/recurring tasks NOT WORKFLOW!
    I can see "recurring tasks" has been asked for by the community for years, but I can't see it has ever been developed, I'm hoping it has and I just can't find it. I want to be able to automate the following: A bi-monthly task tha…
    33 3
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 3 comments Most recent by BeckyK5555555555555 Formulas and Functions
  • add a day to entire project
    In Using Smartsheet
    with different due dates.. adding a day to one task will move all dates in project out... how to I do this withough manually having to enter each new date?
    Accepted
    17 7
    Answered ✓ 17 views 7 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Using Smartsheet
  • Using Index Collect formula when there are multiple matches in the source sheet. (#Invalid Value)
    Hello, My goal with using INDEX(COLLECT)) was to obtain information based on 3 different criteria, but in my source sheet there are multiple matches for the three criteria specified. What do I need to add to the Index, Collect formula to …
    Accepted
    20 2
    Answered ✓ 20 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • Maximum Cell Limit
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I know the maximum number of cells in a sheet is 500,000 cells in any combination of columns/rows. We use a form to collect data from our field staff. Some columns are not mandatory except when certain responses are provided. So…
    22 5
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Using Smartsheet
  • Date Format sometimes incorrect
    Hi Firstly I am using English formatted dates DD/MM/YY (because the US format is wrong and terrible) I have a sheet with dates in it. I have another sheet that points to these dates. If my source dates are 33/12/2021 or similar they work …
    10 2
    Answered - Pending Review 10 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • Editing/Updating ContactList or Dropdown Items via the API
    In API & Developers
    Hi guys. We are making good headway pushing data from our CRM to SS with the API with VB and C#. One of our sheets needs to have a column with a list of (regularly changing) people for the users to select from in a ContactList or Dropdown …
    Accepted
    29 4
    Answered ✓ 29 views 4 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. API & Developers
  • Data Drop Down List
    In Apps, Integrations, and Add Ons
    I use SS with my team as a time-tracking solution. I have each employee - 24 of them- (collaborators only) a form they fill out for each job they work at. Each employee has to have their own individual form because I also collect other i…
    31 4
    Answered - Pending Review 31 views 4 comments Most recent by Zippo Apps, Integrations, and Add Ons