Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2016 Posts

Discussion List

• Formatting Reports
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Today I built my first report, and I am bummed out because there was no option to format it. Because each cell's data contains the formatting (especially colors and shading) from its respective source sheet, the final look of the report en…
    1019 13
    Closed 1K views 13 comments Most recent by Rob Ford
  • Time formatting
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    How can i get Smartsheet to recognise time format i.e. 7:30am & 17:45pm and also to be able to calculate the total hours?
    2288 11
    Closed 2.3K views 11 comments Most recent by Ford
  • gantt chart using time as a scale
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I would like to apply smart sheet to my workstation for daily manufacturing status board. Is there any chance for me to change gantt chart scale from date to time.  
    120 5
    Closed 120 views 5 comments Most recent by kolfinna
  • Can I have multiple attachment fields in a web form?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have a new requirement to have more than attachment field in a web form. Example: the form asks for specific budget information in one section requiring upload(s), and then in another section we would like to add an area to add receipt i…
    1461 16
    Closed 1.5K views 16 comments Most recent by vdiaz
  • Subcontractor needs Help
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    We are new to smartsheet and looking for advice on the best templates to use to track schedules, and being able to track delays, etc.  Would anyone be willing to share ideas or sheets that you have found useful to your business?   Thank …
    33 3
    Closed 33 views 3 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP
  • Editing Reports Without Having Access to the Underlying Sheet?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    For my solution it would be very convenient to share reports with edit rights without granting them for the underlying sheet. I was not able to achieve this, however, I may as well have tried it the wrong way. Any idea?   Thanks and chee…
    1298 25
    Closed 1.3K views 25 comments Most recent by Zach B
  • CountIF where cell contains specific word
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi   I've read a few posts and dicussions but still can't seem to find an answer that I can use.   I'm collecting data and have some basic dashboards setup which display the number specific words are recorded.   As an example: Clini…
    5566 10
    Closed 5.6K views 10 comments Most recent by Beergod
  • Using Formulas in "Assigned to" collumn?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I'm a newbie here so don't be too harsh!   I am trying to determine if if is possible to set up a dependancy to auto-assign a task to a team member. At my law firm I am creating a few templates that assign certain tasks on each case to o…
    1028 36
    Closed 1K views 36 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • How do I share selective sheets within a workspace?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    When some staff doesn't need access to everything in a workspace, how do I share only selective sheets?  Please help.  Thank you! 
    14 4
    Closed 14 views 4 comments Most recent by GB
  • Sharing A Resource View
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have created various resource views by OBS and would like to share them with other users similar to the way it is done with a sheet. How do I share a Resource View?
    279 34
    Closed 279 views 34 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå